205 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member Mostly Harmless
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

In a game I just played, an opponent's turn timed-out.  He did capture at least one territory.  He received a card.   I had thought that if your turn timed-out, you didn't receive a card.    Did the rules change or did I misunderstand?  I'm "pretty" sure that I've not received cards when my turn has timed-out.

Having said that, I don't necessarily think it's unfair that my opponent received a card.  I suspect it was a case of him not needing all his transfers and just forgetting to click "end turn" out of habit because one normally uses all their transfers and the turn ends automatically.   Doesn't seem fair to punish one for an interface limitation.   So, if the rules changed to award a card if at least one transfer was made, that's cool with me.

On the other hand, if one times out in a fischer clock game, then that's a bit different because you are playing against the clock and I would expect one not to receive a card.

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think you get a card if you win an attack. Weather or not you do anything else -like end your turn.-

Can someone else out there confirm that?

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 4
    Premium Member Slander
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This was discussed here:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2663p1/Skipping_Turn_to_Avoid_Card

It used to work where you would not get a card when your turn got skipped, regardless of capturing a territory or not.  So that's probably what you remember.  But the general consensus was that it was a loophole, and was being exploited in some rare cases.  So Tom fixed it so that if you capture at least one territory, you can't avoid getting your card - hence the new behavior.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member Mostly Harmless
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the replies.   The implementation makes sense to me.  

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)