183 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 12
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hello, is there any way to do this? There is a certain player (who i will not name here) who seems to join every game I launch, and then suicide against me out of spite. I have him set as an enemy.. but that feature seems totally useless as all it does is put a red bar under his name (I hoped it blocked him).

Any suggestions, it is really getting quite tiresome.

Off Topic!

2. #2 / 12
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Aiken,

I think setting someone as an enemy to prevent them from joining only works if they are a standard member and it is a game you start.  It is noted in the Help section somewhere, can't find it.

3. #3 / 12
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ah. I am starting the game, but they are a premium member.

Off Topic!

4. #4 / 12
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Nothing you can do if they are premium. Well... you could pick the game in order to join only when you are the last player.

I think SG's answer is not totally accurate as I beleive premium will prevent standard ennemies to join even if you just joined the game (being the host is not necessary)

5. #5 / 12
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

I think SG's answer is not totally accurate as I beleive premium will prevent standard ennemies to join even if you just joined the game (being the host is not necessary)

Correct.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

6. #6 / 12
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It seems like a pre-game vendetta is just as much cheating as a pre-game alliance.

7. #7 / 12
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Korrun wrote:

It seems like a pre-game vendetta is just as much cheating as a pre-game alliance.

In principle, yes.  But where do you draw the line between "inconvenience scary high ranking players", "learn from past experience" and "pre-game vendetta"?  I do not think that I have a vendetta against anyone.  But I do pay close attention to Luieuil in any game we're both in.  That seems to me to be common sense.  There are also certain players that I have learned not to try to make deals with, or have learned make good targets.  This is part of the game.  But the result is that I'm treating people unequally based on information outside of the game.

All of this could be prevented by the option of "blind games".  Ones where you know who is playing the game, but not which color maps to which people.  I kind of like the option.  But I'm sure that Luieuil would like it even more. :-)

8. #8 / 12
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hmm. I get that you get picked on when your good, but that's part of it, and art of the reason a good score or an 80% h rating is so impressive. 

If you wanna be the champ, you gotta fight the contenders.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

9. #9 / 12
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Sure you do Ratsy.  And everyone should keep an extra eye on the higher ranked players in their game.  But some poorer players seem to sometimes think "I have no idea what to do so I'll attack the high ranked player."  Not a big deal by any means, but irritating when it happens.  (NB It can make strategic sense to attack this way, but what I am talking about here is players with a lack of strategy.)

@tilly - the idea of blind games has been discussed before.  It does have some appeal, but part of Wargear is the community so it seems on the whole it is better to know who you are playing.  A blind tournament may be cool though -

@Aiken - if a player really does have it out for you - that stinks -  I imagine you should wait it out and it should grow old for the other player - unless he's under 10 years of age - my only real suggestion is to only join games that are nearly full until the other player moves on -

10. #10 / 12
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Well lets hope so, the guy is in over 100 games, yet still in about 80% of mine. I set them up, he joins them.. and then attacks me again and again.

So far my only solution is total fog.. but I really don't enjoy total fog :(

Off Topic!

11. #11 / 12
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I know it's not officially against the rules of the game, so I'm sure it's not ban-worthy.

However, if he/she has really done it repeatedly and without cause in a given game, one might be able to construe it as bad sportsmanship.
    You could send some links to Tom privately (private messaging perhaps) and link to the series of games where he's suicided you repeatedly (and without justification to given gameplay) and if Tom feels it's warranted, he might send a gently worded reminder that this is supposed to be a gaming site, and vendettas aren't really the preferred method of gameplay.

I'd also be curious to look at your game history, and find out what else you did to this person in the past that might warrant this type of retaliation.

12. #12 / 12
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

To be blunt, I handed their asses to them a few times.

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)