1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 4
    Standard Member erastus25
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Hi everyone,

I'm another warfish refugee who just recently started playing here. So far most things have been GREAT, but one deficiency I've noticed with wargear is the stats section. On warfish it's possible to see who attacked whom and frequency of dice results (i.e. I've rolled twice as many 3 as 6s), but there does not seem to be an equivalent chart available for wargear. Any chance that can be added as the site is improved? I found it really interesting to see just how bad my luck was, or if I'm someone's favorite target, etc...

Thanks!

2. #2 / 4
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Click on the game but do not launch, and look for where it says "Luck Stats".  Click on that.  Does that have the charts that you are looking for?

Also the green clover leaf to the upper left give you a luck number, which is simply, "Across all of your dice rolls, how many more of your troops survived than straight chance would have said?"  This is directionally informative, but the actual number of troops you have more or less because of luck tends to be different than that.  The reason is that your luck on previous dice rolls affects how many dice rolls a given attack needs, which changes your expected losses with that many dice rolls.  (Yeah, I know that is confusing.  But the effect can be fairly large, over a 80% difference in one case that I analyzed in detail.)  I find this stat informative.

I have a suggestion in to improve things with an idea of your luck percentile, capturing quickly what people most likely want to know - what percentile did my luck fall in?  This answers in pure form how unlucky you were.  If you like that idea, please go to suggestions and say there that you'd like it.

Oh, and welcome to Wargear!

Edited Wed 13th Mar 20:38 [history]

3. #3 / 4
    Standard Member erastus25
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Yes, exactly what I was looking for! I didn't look closely enough at the stats option on that first screen. Thank you!

4. #4 / 4
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

erastus25 wrote:

Yes, exactly what I was looking for! I didn't look closely enough at the stats option on that first screen. Thank you!

I'm glad to be of assistance!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)