2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Can anyone confirm that on the Colors tab, when you select a value for a starting bonus, it applies to the chair # and not the color??

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

2. #2 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Under 'Initial Setup'  there is a choice, 'Lock starting bonus and cards to color or seat position'.  So you can set it to either one.   FIrst you have to turn on 'Initial Setup: Setup Based' before the starting bonus one shows up.

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Under 'Initial Setup'  there is a choice, 'Lock starting bonus and cards to color or seat position'.  So you can set it to either one.   FIrst you have to turn on 'Initial Setup: Setup Based' before the starting bonus one shows up.

thanks Ozy --  I've done it before, but possibly only with a board where I changed the actual set-up.

So if you change to "Setup Based" and don't change anything else in the designer (like for instance the actual "setup" under the "Design" tab), will everything remain the same except the bonus by seat position? 

Edited Sat 26th Jan 13:46 [history]

4. #4 / 6
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

So if you change to "Setup Based" and don't change anything else in the designer (like for instance the actual "setup" under the "Design" tab), will everything remain the same except the bonus by seat position? 

Answering my own question here..

Yes.

But it kind of begs the question, Why do you have to enable "Set-up" based for that particular feature?  The option to change the default starting bonus is there in the list on the Color tab, but it doesn't work unless you somehow know to enable "Set-up Based" under the design tab.

Put another way.. Seeing it there on the Color tab implies that it should work without having to enable it from somewhere else.

Edited Sat 26th Jan 14:46 [history]

5. #5 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Calling it "Colors" tab is a bit out of date as it used to be simply Player Colors, now it has Setup/Starting Info too.  Calling it "Setup" could be confusing as Setup is already in the Design and Rules tabs.

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

6. #6 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Why do you have to enable "Set-up" based for that particular feature? 

Yeah.  I kind of feel like this should just always be set.   Or set by default at least.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)