204 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 2
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I would like to be able to easily download all the public game logs on a map.  Personally I would like this so that as a designer I can analyze the logs for patterns to hopefully improve my map - but I could see players using it to better study a map.

For example - in my Invention map I am planning on updating it with some new scenarios.  I'd love to be able to look into the game logs to see if one of the civilizations wins more often than others, and the degree off imbalance.  If I want to make sure it is possible to win without taking 'Espionage', I could see what percentage of people won like that. etc. 

I could also try to write some automated tools to put online so that anyone can run 'stats' on their log.  Maybe we could make heat maps of the board showing things like which continent/territory is most likely to be taken first by the winner, territories with the most action in the beginning, middle, end of games, etc.  You could maybe analyze the logs to determine stalemates, or other interesting conditions and see how often and under what circumstances they occur (i.e. # of players, scenario, etc.)

2. #2 / 2
    Lieutenant poq poq is offline now
    Standard Member poq
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

This sounds interesting. I was wondering before if it could be possible to define an objective metric of how balanced a map is. It seems like you are looking for something at least somewhat similar. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)