183 Open Daily games
4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 2
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ceggon brought to my attention an apparent problem with the history viewer for my board, The Lorax. You can see his review here: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/The+Lorax/Ratings.

When I checked on the game in question, the history indeed was "fogged", even though the game itself has no fog, and I have the settings set to display the entire history, even during the game. This is a real problem for a board with mechanics as complex as The Lorax -- players need to be able to shed light on any confusion they may have as to how the factories actually operated, and the best way to do that is to review the history. I do not know if this problem extends to other boards/games, though in my experience the history viewer has often been a bit wonky. I am sure that it is on a list of things to debug, but I wanted to bring this particular case to attention as well. Thanks.

2. #2 / 2
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

> I do not know if this problem extends to other boards/games, though in my experience the history viewer has often been a bit wonky.

Yeah - it could definitely use some work.  In  my There Will Be Blood board about 75% of the time you couldn't see the history.  It was a real advantage if you happen to get lucky and be able to view it, so I ended up disabling it entirely to keep things fair, but that is not my preferred solution.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)