1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Brigadier General e e is offline now
    Standard Member e
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was just playing a game in which one player decided to murder-suicide another player, causing me to clean up and gain a perhaps undeserved victory. I am having a bit of a crisis of conscience about it. I may have thought to vote to terminate if it had not been a real time game. Is it possible/legitimate to terminate or remove from the rankings ex post facto?

I know it's not exactly analogous to this, but somehow I still feel like it's a real life equivalent of somebody smashing the board.

Edited Sat 13th Oct 18:36 [history]

2. #2 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

People murder/suicide for all the wrong ..and all the right reasons.  It's part of the game. And unlike the real life game, you can't knock over the board ..not even virtually.

Speaking for myself -- who am I to say which is which?  There will always be a winner.

..but then again, you always have to deal with your conscience.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sat 13th Oct 19:02 [history]

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You can send tom a message, and I'm pretty sure he can score the whole game with zero's.  

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #4 / 6
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'd take the win and a clear conscience... it's war! :)

5. #5 / 6
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

e wrote:

I was just playing a game in which one player decided to murder-suicide another player, causing me to clean up and gain a perhaps undeserved victory. I am having a bit of a crisis of conscience about it. I may have thought to vote to terminate if it had not been a real time game. Is it possible/legitimate to terminate or remove from the rankings ex post facto?

I know it's not exactly analogous to this, but somehow I still feel like it's a real life equivalent of somebody smashing the board.

Perhaps the murder suicide was sending a message they thought the game was worth. Perhaps, he thought you deserved the victory. Perhaps, it was Karmic balancing for all your healthy living or a bunch of bad dice rolls in your past or future. Perhaps you should thank the gods and sleep soundly tonight.  =)

6. #6 / 6
    Brigadier General e e is offline now
    Standard Member e
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Perhaps, it was Karmic balancing…

Yeah, somewhere I forgot that this is a game of chance. That and somebody murder-suicided me yesterday. I'll take it. Thanks.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)