224 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member timmy888
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've noticed that a lot of players just hit the vacation button when they end their turn, which destroys the whole point of a 1 day turn timer. I suggest we limit vacation, perhaps double the turn timer then they get skipped, or an automatic three days then skipped, something. It gets annoying when you want to lay and people are just always on vacation. Defeats the timer idea.

Thoughts?

2. #2 / 8
    Standard Member timmy888
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

play, not lay ;)

3. #3 / 8
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It gets annoying when you want to play and people are just always on vacation. Defeats the timer idea.

In my opinion, what you are suggesting, defeats the 'vacation' idea.   If I go camping for a week and have no internet access, I don't want to get skipped in all my games, even though I'm on vacation. 

If you don't have enough turns, I think you should join some more games.

4. #4 / 8
    Standard Member timmy888
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I hear you, however too many times people hit the vacation button on 1 day turn games and don't come back for three days. I do not believe that these people are all camping. I think some mechanism to avoid this would be good, afterall if you don't want to play a daily game don't join one.

True wargear geek

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

or...

i normally take turns multiple times a day. i'd guess that except for overnight/wknd my average turn time is less than 15mins. However, there have been times that i go to bed without checking, wake up and the day at work is crazy. only to realize - 'shitake!' - i got a timer about to expire! I'll then quick throw my vacation on until i can get to it...since i can't play from my droid yet; that's my only option.

i don't do it to game the system. and i think you'd rather i actually play smart instead of skipping booting for a pathetic win...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Fri 14th Sep 11:56 [history]

6. #6 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

timmy888 wrote:

I hear you, however too many times people hit the vacation button on 1 day turn games and don't come back for three days. I do not believe that these people are all camping. I think some mechanism to avoid this would be good, afterall if you don't want to play a daily game don't join one.

True wargear geek

but if these people are on travel where they don't have a machine/happen to have a long wknd where family is coming into town for kids birthday travel/got sick/...camping.../etc what's the problem? its not like they have infinite vacation and can pull 3 day trips often.

however, i'd agree that if you know you have a time away coming up, don't join them (i, myself, try to whittle my stack down before if i know i'm going to be gone).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 8
    Standard Member timmy888
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Why can't you play from the droid? (I have a droid and can't play) On a side note once again I posted before researching fully, I didn't realize you only got 30 days a year.

8. #8 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

the new interface doesn't work fully on droid yet. i think i can place but not attack...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)