173 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Standard Member ramoose
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hi, noob question here. I've invited some of my friends to a game but they haven't joined, and have said that they wont be able to play. How can I remove these players from the join lobby so that the game may start?

Thanks in advance :)

2. #2 / 7
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

When you created the game, you set the number of players. This number doesn't change. (If you forgot how many players you set it to, you can click on the game and it will say.) If you want a smaller game, you can delete that game and start a new one, inviting only the friends you know will play.

Now that doesn't mean you need your unresponsive friends to join. Instead, you can invite more players. Once the amount of players for that game is reached, the game starts. (I think this is what most people do in this situation.)

3. #3 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

IMO, it would be nice to have more flexible starting requirements.  Say something like set a minimum & maximum # of players, and then the game starts when the max is reached, or as soon as the min is reached as long as it has been at least one turn of time.

ramoose - if you are looking for some more people to fill a game, consider this post:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1542/Invite_Me

Or you can invite me too.

4. #4 / 7
    Standard Member ramoose
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Ok Hugh, cheers for explaining that. So it's basically 'first in best dressed'. That's pretty neat but I agree with ozy that it would be nice to have some more flexible options - my group is pretty impatient, if a player hadn't joined a warfish game within a day we would remove them them and fire it up (fresh-faced warfish refugee here).

edit - ozy i will def invite you to some games, but we might just find our feet with a couple of in-house games first if its all the same to you :)

Edited Fri 29th Jun 01:04 [history]

5. #5 / 7
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

IMO, it would be nice to have more flexible starting requirements.  Say something like set a minimum & maximum # of players, and then the game starts when the max is reached, or as soon as the min is reached as long as it has been at least one turn of time.

How about allowing the creator of a game to change the game size and keep a given set of invited players? (i.e. Allow the host to force a start with fewer players - I guess I wouldn't want some sort of automatic scheduling, which is how I read your suggestion.)

Small details aside, I agree that flexibility here is desirable.

6. #6 / 7
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote:
    How about allowing the creator of a game to change the game size and keep a given set of invited players? 

I'm not against a solution to the problem, but I don't necessarily like this one.  It gives the creator of the game too much flexibility.. (S)he could, for instance, force-start a game when the make-up of players is favorable. I don't know what that might look like, so don't ask me, but it just sounds like it could be gamed.

On the other hand, if all players agree to a force-start, that should be OK.  ..and I see no reason that any player couldn't initiate it seeing as all have to agree anyway.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

7. #7 / 7
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

We're talking about private games, not public games. I'm not sure there's a sensible way to game it, but if there is, you don't have to play with this person who maliciously invites people to private games and then force-starts the game only when it is favorable.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)