206 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 23
    Premium Member Cona Chris
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Why wouldn't Sinestro be wearing yellow 100% of the time?

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't have any idea who Sinestro was by name.
    So I did a quick google image search and....umm....he's wearing yellow in probably 90% of the image returns.
    Just sayin'.

Well, that may be true, but he was wearing blue on the cartoon that I watched as a child, and it always bugged me that he could make such a big blunder.

But onto bigger and better things... another thing I could never rectify in my mind as a child was in Empire Strikes Back on Hoth... the AT-ATs that are attacking Echo Base have armor that is "too strong for blasters", so all the snowspeeder's laser shots just harmlessly hit the AT-AT.  Except, when Wedge and Wes tie the tote line around the AT-AT and the AT-AT trips and falls to the ground... then the first laser bolt that hits it causes the AT-AT to explode in spectacular fashion.  Why?  Granted, we could just make some Lucas jokes now, but we're better than that!

Edited Sun 3rd Jun 08:42 [history]

2. #22 / 23
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I will just offer this for George Lucas' sake, but lets suppose that the damage incurred by 'tripping' breached critical areas of the armor allowing the laser bolts to bypass the armor and impact explosive internal areas.

3. #23 / 23
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Same reason a car explodes when it flips over in an action movie.

Hari Kari - the vehicle commits spectacular suicide.

You'll find that if you watch lots of movies all vehicles do this when they have given up on life or been coaxed to by a hero.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)