204 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 24
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Some of my boards are a little out there...  I think if players better understood factories they would better understand how we use them.  I know that teaching the board new things can make for great game design, and that continent restrictions might clean up a lot of the mess.

I thought about adding a feature for designers to hide continents from the log.  You could establish the continent as hidden (at least from the little stat section under the board).  Perhaps if standard continents didn't show if they weren't going to function it would hide some of it.  Hidden continents are sadly abusable, which could be slightly problematic.

I know it was discussed to make factories in a separate column, but I don't pay enough attention to see if this is working or not.

I can think of so many ways I could utilize the information of "how many units are here."  Many of which would not be nearly as complicated as Final Fantasy, I promise.

2. #22 / 24
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

I know it was discussed to make factories in a separate column, but I don't pay enough attention to see if this is working or not.

It seems like the factory bonus is separate on the game screen, but not in the player.  It would be nice if it was separate for both.

3. #23 / 24
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

So... anybody else game for continent minimums or whatever we're calling it?

4. #24 / 24
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I could use it. And could make for fun game play with it too.

From a relatively noob board designer perspective, I waded through ALOT of Forum to figure out how factories worked, and even then, didn't really clue in till Nygma explained it to me...

Everything else: pretty intrinsically obvious I think. Designer is easy to use, but it takes a while and lots of practice to get the art of board creation down for sure.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)