195 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 7
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was hoping to come up with a workaround for a feature that we don't have.  I want a way to have one section of a board that if you get eliminated from that section, you are out of the game regardless of units elsewhere.  My first thought is to make those all capitals, but capitals have to be neutral or assigned a specific seat, so you can assign them all to players, but that means no random starts & the more unfilled seats the more starting neutrals.  An integrated solution would be a new 'unassigned capital' option, but is there a way to do it using the factories we currently have?

Would this work:

Set to abanadon with revert to neutral at the end of the turn.
    Territories on the main board are Territory1, Territory2, etc.
    Each player has a capital territory off board (CapitalA, CapitalB, etc.), with placement disabled.
    There are factories (CapitalA-Destroyer, etc.)  Which if you own give you minus 1 on your capital).
    Every Territory on the main board has a factory for each capital (Territory1-CapitalA-KeepAlive, Territory2-CapitalA-KeepAlive), that if you have the Capital and territory named, you get +1 on the capital.

So at the beginning of the turn, your capital goes to zero, but then if you have any Territories on the main board, you get it back to 1 and don't get eliminated.

Obviously the # of factories can go up prohibitively  if you have a lot of territories, but I can script that problem away.

2. #2 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I think you would also want to set the unit max on the capitals to 1.

I suggest you make a small board to try it out.  I'm curious to know if it works or not.

3. #3 / 7
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, thanks for mentioning that.  Ok, I'll setup some test board & let you know how it goes.

4. #4 / 7
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That sounds like an appropriate work-around to me.

5. #5 / 7
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I haven't done much with factories that are order dependent.  I believe it depends on the continent name, right?  If so, one thing I need to do is make sure that the keep alive continents (Territory1-CapitalA-KeepAlive) come after the capital destruction continents (CapitalA-Destroyer).

6. #6 / 7
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Factories are executed in alphabetical order.  So, yeah.

7. #7 / 7
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ok, it seems to work ok.  Here is the test game if anyone cares:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/144901

Some caveats.  You have to have 'revert to neutral immediately' set.  If this is on, then the capital/factory magic kicks in at the beginning of the eliminated players turn, and eliminates them.

You can also have it set to 'revert to neutral at the end of the turn'.  This *works*, but the eliminated player has one extra turn at the end, where they are already dead, but might not realize it.  Depending on the board, this could be pretty confusing.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)