1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It would be nice if there could be the equivalent of H-Ratings for team play.  Minimally, the rating could show up on the individual player stats page.

Winning a 2x2x2 or 3x3x3 game would count the same as winning a 3 player game.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

..so no one sees value in this? I'm trying to figure out if it's valid.  If a player is a good team-player, it is entirely possible for them to be paired with poor team-mates.  But then, in many if not most of those cases it could be argued that they paired themselves poorly.  After all, the only person who has absolutely no control over who their team-mates is the originator of the Game/Tournament ..and perhaps the partner of the last person who joined the Game/Tournament.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.

3. #3 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

what about those that are random placement into a team? as most of mine have been - which is part of the reason i've stopped joining those particular tourneys.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 6
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It's a fine idea. H-rating doesn't care about the strength of opponents or teammates - it's more like a win percentage.

e^ix=cos x + i*sin x. Tell your friends.

5. #5 / 6
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote:

It's a fine idea. H-rating doesn't care about the strength of opponents or teammates - it's more like a win percentage.

But it is a win percentage that is skewed by the skills of the player's partners.  Over time, that should even out.

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

All win percentages here are skewed in such a way. You'll find the pool of players for each map is somewhat different, and a higher skilled pool should lead to lower win percentages. So, it's not unique to team play. What is meant to even out over time is ranking, not win percentage.

e^ix=cos x + i*sin x. Tell your friends.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)