1. #21 / 23
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:
    The Rope wrote:

3. Actual Bracket Visuals for the elimination tournaments

I really miss looking at the bracket break down of tourneys of single and double elimination.... I use to try to see patterns of teaming up and also who I might play.... Tons of Fun!

2. #22 / 23
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

The Rope wrote:

I feel like I keep being overly negative, and I don't mean it to be that way.  I  feel like tournaments should be a bigger part of this site. 

No way man - we all love the site, but we don't hesitate to spout out our ideas, good and bad. These, however, are all great ideas with attention to detail. (Brackets! Top-x and Pro-Am tourneys!)

e^ix=cos x + i*sin x. Tell your friends.

3. #23 / 23
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Around when this post began, the original poster started some larger than 12 player tournaments. One was a 32 player elimination tournament. After the players who know that it's a fun map joined, we were stuck at 18 players. It stayed that way for a few weeks. I think this is the gist of the original question/complaint.

Then I posted "Hey, should we spam some more people?" to the tournament board. Whether it was BD or Risky or someone else, the spamvite list went from about 20 to over 100. Suddenly we experienced steady growth and the tournament started today. 

I like the ideas presented in this thread, especially TheRope's, but it may just come down to being more actively viral than we currently are as a group of people. 

e^ix=cos x + i*sin x. Tell your friends.
    Edited Thu 26th Jan 14:33 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)