1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 5
    Standard Member Mangler
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/114264

j-bomb got some great rolls, and managed to grab my dog and gun. I still got plenty of ducks to attack with, but i can't get to my attack turn without placing my units, and all the ducks have a 3 unit max.

Anything that can be done about this, or am i just going to have to wait until i get booted?  This is also something Risky should check out in the game design. Thanks!

2. #2 / 5
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

You should be able to place less than the amount you are receiving. (In fact, you have no choice because most of your spots are maxed out.) Hit the accept button once you've maxed out your territories. That _should_ work.

If it doesn't work, something with Wargear (not Duck Hunt) has changed because I looked at old histories and people could take their turns. The log would say "So-and-so discarded 5 units", meaning they had placed what they could and hit accept.

As you remark, you have plenty of resources to try and retake stuff. (This is the kind of situation that makes Duck Hunt interesting. It's not over!)

The probability of missing a 1/N event in N tries approaches 1/e as N gets large. I just wanted to put that in a signature.

3. #3 / 5
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Also, I believe the forced discarding of units was Risky's intended design - a penalty for losing both gun and dog.

The probability of missing a 1/N event in N tries approaches 1/e as N gets large. I just wanted to put that in a signature.

4. #4 / 5
    Standard Member Mangler
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks! I guess i just missed maxing out one of the ducks. Once i spotted the one, it let me take my turn normally.

Agreed, i think the map is a pretty good one.

5. #5 / 5
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Hugh is exactly right.  Holding both guns and dogs forces the other person to discard their reserves.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)