4 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I have a question about copied boards. When I made 4-play this web site was setup for normal dice and I used modifiers according to a 6 sided dice of +1 and +2.  I copied the 4-play over to use as simulcast and it shows the green arrows for modifiers but doesnt show anything in the top boxes as far as being modified.  Is this just hidden or is there a modifier of nothing on those places now due to the transition to 60% and 75%?

Also, I dont want to actually do any math.  How should I change 60 and 75 to represent +1 +2 +3 etc? I dont think in percentages where dice are concerned.  In another map I am working on I have all but scrapped any modifiers due to these changes.  Make it simple for me. :)

2. #2 / 3
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

"SimulGear"

When changing from Turn Based to SimulGear you will have to reset the Modifiers to be in line with the % Dice.

SimulGear/BAO never has really been as simple as +1, +2, +3... so it all depends on what you want the Modifier to do, ie Easier to Take, Easier to Lose, Harder to Kill, Harder to Take.

3. #3 / 3
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What Yertle said.

If converting Risk-style dice to percentage dice was that easy, I'm sure more people would do it, but they are different animals.  The actual aspects of any % dice substitute for 6-6 or  7-6 dice etc will inevitably have differences when it comes to good strategic play.

Apparently you're a Simulgear player; you have a feel for the game.  Why don't you just use your best judgement? Start with 60-75 dice to replace 6-6 dice and work in something like 5% increments?  I'm not a SG player so I have no idea if that would work ..but you asked for easy.

Anyways, the proof is in the pudding.  Dev testers will help you tweak it.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Wed 23rd Nov 06:27 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)