1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member mlehner
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

If I had 2 cards and added one or two cards  by eliminating
    an opponent giving me only3 or 4 but a set, can I cash in cards or do I need to
    have a minimum of 5 to do this?

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yes you need to have 5 cards or more to be able to cash cards just after eliminating an opponent.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

3. #3 / 6
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yes, you need to have 5+ cards for a mid-turn card turn in after eliminating a player.  Some games have the option of returning to the placement phase after you've attacked, but I imagine the game you're playing does not that that setting.

4. #4 / 6
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I win Ed, I was faster ;)

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

5. #5 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

There are, of course, many caveats to this on this site.  What Ed and Toto stated is true for the standard RISK game, and many boards use the standard rules, but many more do not.

Things that can effect this:

Return to placement from attack: with this on you can turn in cards anytime.

Card capture on/off: if off this is a moot point

Reserve Units/elimination bonus: If there is an elimination bonus, but reserves are off you are returned to the placement phase.  From here you can turn in cards no matter how many you have. (At least I think so - maybe return to attack from placement needs to be on also.  This one regularly confuses me.)

Maximum cards allowed: If more than 5 then that number is what determines things.

And there may be something I am forgetting.  In any case I regularly review the rules of most boards I play since its hard to keep them all straight.

Edited Wed 12th Oct 12:06 [history]

6. #6 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Reserve Units/elimination bonus: If there is an elimination bonus, but reserves are off you are returned to the placement phase.  From here you can turn in cards no matter how many you have. (At least I think so - maybe return to attack from placement needs to be on also.  This one regularly confuses me.)

Also, even if there is reserve allowed, if the elimination bonus would put you over the reserve you are returned to the placement phase.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)