222 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

It's been a while. How are things? I started actually getting busy at work and WG unfortunately was one of the first things to go :(. Just wanted to drop in, say hi, see how things are going, and also mention this latest version of Risk that is coming out later this year - Risk: Legacy. It sounds very epic - it is designed to play 15 games on a board, over which the board will change drastically, as will everything else about the game. This includes putting stickers on the board, writing on it in sharpie (renaming territories, etc.), tearing up cards, opening secret packets that will drastically change the board (and the rules!) and more! After 15 games (the results of each are meticulously recorded and will of course affect later games), the board will be "complete" and can be played on in that form as much as you want - but the real fun I think will be in the ever-changing atmosphere that happens in those first 15 games. Price will be a key factor, but it sounds like something fresh and exciting that Hasbro hasn't done before with the Risk series, and could be tons of fun. 

http://www.hasbro.com/common/documents/dad2886d1c4311ddbd0b0800200c9a66/00D721465056900B10A16E11F8F54E7F.pdf

2. #2 / 11
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

That sounds cool.  Glad you're well Vataro.  I'll probably get that when it comes out, thanks for the heads up!

3. #3 / 11
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Vataro. Nice to hear from the old guard. Crazy RISK variant, for the RISK obsessed, e.g., us? :)

Where's the ammo?

4. #4 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Something like that :).

5. #5 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

how long you plan on stickin around? it's not just another pretty flamming kitty tease is it?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Yeah - come on, join a game or two.

7. #7 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I need to actually join some games and then I'll be enticed to stay. Prepare to be bombarded with game invites!

8. #8 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

light me up

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #9 / 11
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Sent you a couple, but I don't know what the best boards are any more. Feel free to send invites my way as well.

10. #10 / 11
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If you liked 7, then you should definitely give 10 a try.   It's a bit tricky for the first game or two, so feel free to invite me to a private game if you want to try it out risk free.

11. #11 / 11
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

.... so feel free to invite me to a private game if you want to try it out risk free.

No pun intended :-D

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)