2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)
  1. #81 / 122
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Please no discussion in that thread, only votes!

I'll delete any discussion posts in that thread, I edited your post to include this info.

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

2. #82 / 122
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Yertle.  Do you think we should also sticky that post?

3. #83 / 122
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

I am willing to setup a googledoc, or similar, to handle voting, I am only vaguely familiar with this so it will take a moment, but it could show current standing without seeing who has actually voted for which boards, but the voters who have voted could be tracked.  I need to practice this anyways and we could put the link in the voting thread and board descriptions.

Do you mean a spreadsheet?  I think this is probably a good idea.  Should we just transcribe all votes there, and leave them public?  I don't see the benefit in "without seeing who has actually voted for which boards".

4. #84 / 122
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It can all be public, but yes a running tally of the votes as they come in.  I was thinking of have voting done there as well, but it can be transcribed just as easily.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

5. #85 / 122
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If we let people vote directly into the spreadsheet, wouldn't they be able to change other peoples votes?  (It could be I don't understand exactly what you are proposing, in which case it might be easier to wait until you have something concrete to show.)

Edited Wed 20th Jul 15:03 [history]

6. #86 / 122
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'll work on something tonight and see what I can deliver.

7. #87 / 122
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was thinking that voting would look like this:

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEFWdnVlNE1VTjEySi0tX0pwYWtMYlE6MQ

and the results would look like this:

https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AjDYH51UPaMVdEUzS0hYZnMyb2gya092cHhLemxibWc&single=true&gid=0&output=pdf

This can be made prettier, but it does currently work so please test vote to see.

8. #88 / 122
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sorry it would seem that you have to save to view the results (although the above will change as votes come in), so here is an alternative:

https://spreadsheets1.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AjDYH51UPaMVdEUzS0hYZnMyb2gya092cHhLemxibWc&output=html

9. #89 / 122
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

If we let people vote directly into the spreadsheet, wouldn't they be able to change other peoples votes? 

This is still true if the doc is opened up right?

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

10. #90 / 122
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That form is really nice.  I did not know you could do that with google docs and it looks like a great way to have people vote.  Can we allow anyone to submit votes via the form, but not let anyone (except, I guess alpha) edit the spreadsheet? 

11. #91 / 122
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That is correct.  It was broke for a second, please look at the results again.  It is html, not editable.

*edit: I can give anyone I want access to edit the spreadsheet, it doesn't have to be me.

Edited Wed 20th Jul 23:46 [history]

12. #92 / 122
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It needs validation.  It will let you pick the same board for all 3 places.  Other than that it looks great!

13. #93 / 122
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Viper wrote:

It needs validation.  It will let you pick the same board for all 3 places.  Other than that it looks great!

Agreed and thanks

*edit: I would have to created a new form hosted elsewhere as google docs has extremely limited validation for spreadsheets and none for forms.  Not a big deal, but I will have to look into it later this week.

Edited Thu 21st Jul 00:27 [history]

14. #94 / 122
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That should be easy to spot though and say that's invalid, especially if votes are taken from the forums and inserted in there.

15. #95 / 122
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle - in the official voting thread, can we get a mention of the deadline for voting:

Midnight GMT September 15th

Also, by editing that post you triggered the 'forum' bug.  The link text shows:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1698/You_are_invited_to_help_judge_a_WarGear_mapmaking_competition

But the link actually goes to:

http://www.wargear.net/showthread/1698/You_are_invited_to_help_judge_a_WarGear_mapmaking_competition

(note no 'forum' in the URL)

Also - I don't know how everyone feels about this, but I was planning on writing a bit about why I voted the way I did.  What I liked about each map, etc.  If you think this is a good idea, maybe you can also edit that post to say something about that, because right now the 'keep all other discussion out of this thread.' makes it sound like that would not be allowed.

16. #96 / 122
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Updated!

I cannot get that dumb link to work, tried fixing it in the non-HTML and the HTML views.

Let me know if any wording should be changed or anything!

17. #97 / 122
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

This does the same thing when copying from a private message... it puts /pm/ in the address and nobody can follow it...  it just opens a sub window within wargear so you have 2 bars with your player name and all the buttons.

18. #98 / 122
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Out of slight curiosity, for the voting, do people have to vote for all 3 places?  Or could someone just vote for 1 and 3 or just 1 and 2?  Or what happens if someone votes for a board that has been withdrawn (Wallace! Smile)?

19. #99 / 122
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

For WW, we could either throw out the entire vote, or just throw out the non-valid map, and move up the rest.  I'm inclined to do the second.  I guess if we are doing that, then we need to be equally generous with other unusual votes.  If someone just votes specifically for 1st & 3rd, we can count it as requested.  I guess. 

20. #100 / 122
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So what is going to happen with everyone's scores for these boards once we pick a winner.  Just wondering...

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)