219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'd like an area to take notes on players for future reference, similar to ToS.  For example, I could write a note to self by going to Player X's profile page and writing "Likes to attack early" or something to that regard.

~ATH

2. #2 / 16
    Colonel M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I don't understand.  Don't we already have this?  You can put a "private" message on my profile page.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 16
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

No, this is not what I'm requesting.

I would like an easy way to leave myself notes about particular players...for future reference when I meet them again in battle.  On ToS one had the ability to go to a player's profile page and write a "Note to self" which would then be visible when playing them in future games.

This would be similar to the "notes to self" in-game ability.

~ATH

4. #4 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok, so you want to go to their profile page and leave a personal comment (you can already do this). But from there, when you are playing a game against that person, you want that note to show up in the game somewhere?

BAO alternative:

5. #5 / 16
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I believe he wants the notes to only be seen by him.  The notes you can put on other people's pages are viewable by any player with whom you have mutual friendship.

6. #6 / 16
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

I believe he wants the notes to only be seen by him... 

This is a great idea, very useful. I have enemies, I don't even remember why they are on that list.

Also it would be great to have the name highlighted or beginning by a * for example so you know even when you see his name on the list of players waiting for a game to start that you wrote something about him.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

7. #7 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

I believe he wants the notes to only be seen by him.  The notes you can put on other people's pages are viewable by any player with whom you have mutual friendship.

That's not my understanding.  Here's a cut-and-paste from preferences.

"This option allows you to set whether you want to share your comments about players with your friends."

Share profile comments with friends         Share        Don't Share       

BAO alternative:
    Edited Mon 16th May 07:47 [history]

8. #8 / 16
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I understand now M57 is right. It does exist. I did not know about it, but it was there, ready to use.

I left a comment on your profile M57, with a private setting. Can you confirm you can't see it ?

As I said earlier, something has to remind you that you left a comment about the player. Before joining a 10 player game, you are not going to look every profile.

Edited Mon 16th May 08:23 [history]

9. #9 / 16
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

That's not my understanding.  Here's a cut-and-paste from preferences.

"This option allows you to set whether you want to share your comments about players with your friends."

Share profile comments with friends         Share        Don't Share       

I stand corrected.  Thanks.

10. #10 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

I left a comment on your profile M57, with a private setting. Can you confirm you can't see it ?

I believe that if you left a comment on M57's profile, he would not be able to see the comment no matter the setting that M pointed out.  Ie you can't ever see comments that people have left on your own profile... I think.

Toto wrote:

As I said earlier, something has to remind you that you left a comment about the player.

Aye, this would be a nice to have.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

11. #11 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

I understand now M57 is right. It does exist. I did not know about it, but it was there, ready to use.

As I said earlier, something has to remind you that you left a comment about the player. Before joining a 10 player game, you are not going to look every profile.

I can't see it..

BAO alternative:

12. #12 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Toto wrote:

As I said earlier, something has to remind you that you left a comment about the player.

How 'bout if your private comments showed up in the player as the first chat entry (to self)?

BAO alternative:

13. #13 / 16
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Toto wrote:

I can't see it..

Good, it works.

Edited Mon 16th May 11:32 [history]

14. #14 / 16
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Toto wrote:

How 'bout if your private comments showed up in the player as the first chat entry (to self)?

Could be useful, but I would appreciate it even more if you could see it in the joining phase. Could be a blue underline, instead of the red or green existing one. Or a purple one if it's an enemy with a comment, and a blue one if it's a friend with a comment, and a yellow one if it's neither with a comment. But it might be confusing or too complicated to have so many colors ?

15. #15 / 16
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

Could be useful, but I would appreciate it even more if you could see it in the joining phase. Could be a blue underline, instead of the red or green existing one. Or a purple one if it's an enemy with a comment, and a blue one if it's a friend with a comment, and a yellow one if it's neither with a comment. But it might be confusing or too complicated to have so many colors ?

Yes, ..I think this is way too complicated. I think it's enough to know if it's friend or foe.  I'd say if you really want to check out your private notes on selected players before you join a game, you can go to their pages individually.  It's not that much work.

BAO alternative:

16. #16 / 16
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:
    M57 wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Toto wrote:

Isn't the message box there in the join phase?  I think comments showing up as chat to self is a elegant solution - although maybe it should be toggleable.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)