209 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Is it possible to limit the number of reinforcements in a simulgear board and if so how?

Is it possible to have the gameplay options page change depending on if you select turn-based/simulgear?  This way first page of the rules applies to the game you are creating?  That is selecting turn-based give the current Game Play Restrictions options and simulgear gives you the Simultaneous Play option page.  Maybe this choice should move to the settings tab.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

2. #2 / 3
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

Is it possible to limit the number of reinforcements in a simulgear board and if so how?

Nope, been asked though and I think should be on tom's to do list.

Alpha wrote:

Is it possible to have the gameplay options page change depending on if you select turn-based/simulgear?  This way first page of the rules applies to the game you are creating?  That is selecting turn-based give the current Game Play Restrictions options and simulgear gives you the Simultaneous Play option page.  Maybe this choice should move to the settings tab.

I agree, the displays could be cleaned up a bit with titles changing to help better distinguish between Turn Based rules and SimulGear rules.  The Turn Based/SimulGear was on the Settings tab originally, but really feels like a Rule IMO, which then drives other Rules (just like Starting Scenarios/Capital Cities/etc.).  Settings tab seems like Board Image/Display stuff, not something that really affects Gameplay (although perhaps number of players could be questionable), anyhow, I'd vote that it stays in the Rules section personally.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

3. #3 / 3
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

I agree, the displays could be cleaned up a bit with titles changing to help better distinguish between Turn Based rules and SimulGear rules.  The Turn Based/SimulGear was on the Settings tab originally, but really feels like a Rule IMO, which then drives other Rules (just like Starting Scenarios/Capital Cities/etc.).  Settings tab seems like Board Image/Display stuff, not something that really affects Gameplay (although perhaps number of players could be questionable), anyhow, I'd vote that it stays in the Rules section personally.

I was not being particular about where the choice goes, I just don't want to see turn-based options in a SimulGear board and vice versa.  It seems confusing to set up the rules.  Thanks.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)