218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Please let me know if I am understanding the implications of the rank scoring for round robins. Currently I am in a 1v1 foggy antastic tourney. I love it! But I do wonder if the order I complete games is going to matter. I think I have about 6 games going all at once in the tourney (this matters a lot more than if it were just 1 at a time for my discussion here).

For instance, I'm doing well. So if 10000 is baseline, and i have 10800 I am doing alright. But if points are taken away and gained by current score, and I can tell what games I will and what ones I will lose, then my question is

"is it strategic to delay my wins and hurry my losses?" this way my score at 10800 is reduced by a lower amount than if I win my 4 games, get my score to say 11000, then lose 2 games...

Of course I chance that my opponents score may go down in the meantime if they lose other games and if I delay my wins, but they could just as easily win their other simultaneous games.

Thoughts on the strategy? and is this an against the spirit of the game exploit as well? I know scores are the tiebreaker to wins, so in a 16 player round robin it isn't likely going to matter, but it is inevitable to come down to score eventually!

Apparently I've been spanked!!

2. #2 / 3
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Yes, the order of wins matters. Here is some/much discussion on the topic

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1064p1/Tournament_tiebreaker

3. #3 / 3
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

thanks for the link, exactly what I was thinking...
    if an Admin reads this, feel free to delete as superfluous. Or leave if the link is helpful and others might come to strategy section with that idea.

Apparently I've been spanked!!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)