179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 54
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

btw, my earlier map in question has now been passed so I no longer care!

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

2. #42 / 54
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Mongrel wrote:
    just started watching Archer. Brilliant. The Aisha Tyler character is perfect- Usually you laugh at the crazy b*tch, not with the crazy b*tch.

Yuuuuup!

...and is a douchebag

3. #43 / 54
    Deceit by Design Wallace Wishmaster
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I temporarily held back One-Way because I (and some other reviewers), felt that there were some graphical shortcomings and gameplay concerns that needed to be worked out with more dev games. I hope it wasn't discouraging, but I don't think we should give a board a pass because the designer is new. They should use the Dev and Review games as opportunities to improve. Why release a board with basic graphics and gameplay when you could spend a few more weeks on it?
    As I mentioned earlier, the more innovative the gameplay, the less I personally care about graphics...the board just needs to bring something to the table imo.

4. #44 / 54
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    Mongrel wrote:
    just started watching Archer. Brilliant. The Aisha Tyler character is perfect- Usually you laugh at the crazy b*tch, not with the crazy b*tch.

Yuuuuup!

In case you couldn't tell already, the Archer character is pretty much spot on for how I imagine myself in my head. Of course, my life as an air conditioning salesman is a bit more mundane, but we can all dream; right?

In your Face!

5. #45 / 54
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Wallace Wishmaster wrote: I temporarily held back One-Way because I (and some other reviewers), felt that there were some graphical shortcomings and gameplay concerns that needed to be worked out with more dev games. I hope it wasn't discouraging, but I don't think we should give a board a pass because the designer is new. They should use the Dev and Review games as opportunities to improve. Why release a board with basic graphics and gameplay when you could spend a few more weeks on it?
    As I mentioned earlier, the more innovative the gameplay, the less I personally care about graphics...the board just needs to bring something to the table imo.

I didn't even notice it failed.

Valid points.

Longest innings. Most deadly.

6. #46 / 54
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

*snip*

,and he is a douchebag.
    Edited Fri 16th Jul 18:44 [history]

7. #47 / 54
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

*snip*

WW, what are you talking about, One Way review game is still Live.

,and he is a douchebag.
    Edited Fri 16th Jul 18:44 [history]

8. #48 / 54
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:
    Playing a nice looking map and seeing a default card pop up is like getting a pretty girl home and then finding warts.

You grown ups know what I mean.

Senator, I have no recollection of those events...

In the end, all things are squishy.

9. #49 / 54
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

*snip*

WW, what are you talking about, One Way review game is still Live.

But it was already Failed so you can't actually get to the Green check anymore.

10. #50 / 54
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I don't think the board should have been failed. Graphically it is not a masterpiece but it enough and compares to other boards that have passed.

Otherwise there are custom cards, all borders and continents are working correctly, stalemate is not an issue, starting positions are fair, and there is no profanity/nudity.

I would like to know on what basis this board was failed?

Edit: That sounds like I'm being um, what's the word.. cranky?  Demanding?  I dunno, let me clarify:

I agree that the board could use some work graphically, but it does compare to some others that are already live, so I think we really need to either define acceptable graphical levels or come to an agreement that graphics cannot be a fail criteria, only a not-pass criteria.

The issue brought up in the discussions about the borders is something that the designer COULD change, but certainly doesn't have to.  Failing on that is impinging on the designers' right to, you know, design the board.

All that said I wasn't going to pass it as is so it's a moot issue.  Just raising awareness, or something.

Mongrel: "Yeah, If 11s is not eliminated in the first 5 rounds - back to the drawing board." SO TRUE!
    Edited Sun 18th Jul 00:58 [history]

11. #51 / 54
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm not a Reviewer, but as a designer, I'm curious. Can someone post a link to the board/game/designer_page in question?

..but we won't be completely happy until there is a "barren" designer feature.

12. #52 / 54
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/22862

Mongrel: "Yeah, If 11s is not eliminated in the first 5 rounds - back to the drawing board." SO TRUE!

13. #53 / 54
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

I would like to know on what basis this board was failed?

This is an old axe of mine to grind, as some of you know. I've always advocated for greater transparency in review results. Somebody should have to write down a reason for passing or failing.

...and is a douchebag

14. #54 / 54
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

We'll just have to keep our differing views on quality control standards. If the graphics are decent, borders are intact, and there's no observed flaw during play, then I say OK. However, a vote of pass is attaching your name to the board forever, so I'm usually not the one to pass unless I see myself starting tables on it. I'm certain that is placing more value on something than I should, and it contradicts what I said in the first part of the post. But I am a complex and intricate snowflake.

Longest innings. Most deadly.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)