210 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 28
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm with WT -- I like a load between 15 and 20, just so that I can rely on taking several turns a day at least. Caveat that, especially these days I tend to play larger player-count boards (5.1 avg game size), so it's a long wait between turns for any given game.

2. #22 / 28
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hard to believe Johasi is down to 5 games, lol.

3. #23 / 28
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RL was getting in the way so I had to force austerity. Letting my Premium subscription expire did the trick.  Not having access to stats makes it more time-consuming to play per game (and less fun).  I find myself preferring to join games with more fog than not because stats are less helpful in those games.  The one thing I really miss is luck stats.  For me, it's comforting to be able to confirm that you in fact threw crappy dice.

4. #24 / 28
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I nearly always play 3-day-turn games, so there is less pressure to be always on here, and usually have 20-30 games going. Typically that means about 10 turns a day to play if I wish. It has been higher, but then it becomes stressful rather than fun. Lower and it becomes a bit boring as I refresh and there are no turns to play!

Off Topic!

5. #25 / 28
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

I nearly always play 3-day-turn games, so there is less pressure to be always on here, and usually have 20-30 games going. Typically that means about 10 turns a day to play if I wish. It has been higher, but then it becomes stressful rather than fun. Lower and it becomes a bit boring as I refresh and there are no turns to play!

100% with you.  Although as games end, I eventually find myself in about 5-10 games, and then quickly join 10 more.  Works well for me to give myself a bit of a break as life gets busy, but I always come back for more.

I also think I take it less seriously than most.  I only check history in team games (don't want to let down my teammates), or if it starts looking like I have a chance to win, or occasionally for boards I have champion points in, so I want to try to be extra careful to win.

Edited Mon 16th Aug 00:38 [history]

6. #26 / 28
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I once hit 135 games at the same time (as DeVine). That was insane. I prefer 10 - 15.

7. #27 / 28
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>I once hit 135 games

I wonder what the record is for someone - only counts if you actually finished the games and didn't get booted from them though.

8. #28 / 28
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Pretty sure I didn't get booted from any of them - though I didn't win too many of them, either. 😥

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)