181 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««67891011121314   (14 in total)
  1. #221 / 276
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I see.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

2. #222 / 276
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I was involved in a six-man game where one player surrendered more than two weeks ago. It was accepted by almost everyone, just one exception (not me). I was eliminated shortly after that. I went back now and found the surrendering player is not just still playing, but doing quite well. 

So you never know.

3. #223 / 276
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I have another question, btw. Not sure it merits a thread of its own.

When do I start counting as a friend? I ask because you get a heart award when you're friended by a player, lots of people have this, but I have friended players who didn't have it and they still don't after I did it. Now, I'm sure they do well without it, but I was curious. 

4. #224 / 276
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As far as I know, the only advantage to friending someone is that it makes them easy to invite to private games and tournaments.

Are there any other benefits?

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

5. #225 / 276
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You get a heart badge on your profile.

6. #226 / 276
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

There is also a "Check Achievements" link on your profile page.  I'm not sure exactly what it does.

7. #227 / 276
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

There is also a "Check Achievements" link on your profile page.  I'm not sure exactly what it does.

That one is like the clear cache link.  It checks the database for accuracy of your achievements.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

8. #228 / 276
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Ah, so I guess what needs to happen is for the players I friended to clear their caches? 

Nice bonus that it helps with game invitations, didn't realize this until now.

9. #229 / 276
    Standard Member themlharris
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

New here, been playing for about a month and a half on this website. I wanna say I really, really have enjoyed playing here. And the tournaments are great. I'm pretty awful, but everyone has been kind.

10. #230 / 276
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

themlharris wrote:

New here, been playing for about a month and a half on this website. I wanna say I really, really have enjoyed playing here. And the tournaments are great. I'm pretty awful, but everyone has been kind.

Welcome - we used to have a lot more discussions on strategy that many of us learned a lot from. Feel free to ask questions about how particular settings or boards effect strategy or a question on how a particular game went. The discussions are buried back in the forum also - with a little digging you could find them. 

11. #231 / 276
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

themlharris wrote:

I wanna say I really, really have enjoyed playing here. And the tournaments are great. I'm pretty awful, but everyone has been kind.

No exaggeration when I say this is the best community I've found on the internet (and I've been actively online for over 20 years now).

12. #232 / 276
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If there are any boards you'd like to practice on (Invention for example), invite me or someone else to a private game.

13. #233 / 276
    Standard Member Renegade83
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hey Friends

I believe I'm long overdue on this Post. I joined WarGear back in 2010 and never really introduced myself.

Every time my family got together, we would inevitably play a game of castle risk. However, this happened only about every 2 to 3 years, because my family is spread around the world. I would also often join my best friend and his brothers/cousins when they got together to play risk and other risk variants. That still wasn't enough, so I started looking online and I found WarGear. I was amazed at how many different maps and game variants there were and I was immediately sucked in.

From 2010 to 2017, I would sporadically come online to play real time games, mainly WarGear Warfare. But that got boring after a while and sometime during 2017 I started exploring the daily games and tournaments. A whole new world opened up to me.

I'm 25 and I'm currently studying Health Sciences and Technologies in my master's at the ETH in Zürich, Switzerland. I'm a little bit of a history buff as well, I love watching history channels on youtube and listening to history podcasts. I've been playing the baritone sax since 2012 and I really enjoy rock climbing and I've just begun doing jujitsu. During Winter you can find me in the mountains as a ski instructor or touring back country.

I would like to thank everyone for giving me a really warm welcome and for being open to new players.

Thingol and psylofir, thank you for inviting me to play your boards you are developing/have developed.

Thanks to charlesdale, Babbalouie, SpyYoshiRV Litotes and Pratik for putting up with my complaining about how unfair the dice are ;)
    (I'm sure I've complained to more than just them, but those are the only ones that come to mind right now)

Thanks also to BlueFinKilla, Johasi Vidad, TenaciousLee, YutYut, lordofwargear, TheLion, Bananko, Shredder, MadBomber, Willije3, weathertop and Audioventing for being awesome Tournament teammates.

If I missed anyone, I do apologize :)

Looking forward to more Games

Edited Wed 30th Oct 06:17 [history]

14. #234 / 276
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hello there Renegade! It's been nice playing with you

"Welcome" to WarGear! From someone who joined 6 years after you did {#emotions_dlg.razz}

15. #235 / 276
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Thanks for sharing Renegade :)

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

16. #236 / 276
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Nice to see you starting to be active here also Renegade :) Don't worry about dice complaining, it's fairly common, never associated you especially with that.

I'll immediately concede that in a real-life battle I'd have no chance against a rock-climing jiu-jitsu practitioner :)

17. #237 / 276
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Slimer wrote: Well, The slimer resides in St.louis and I do agree with Yertle GO CARDS but also BLUES and RAMS. Im 27 and work with a few people on this board (whos names I wont mention in case they want to keep it a secret). I work at a major car rental company in there IT field. I am married and have a 6 year old daughter and 7 month old daughter. A dog and a cat

Looking forward to the release of Ghostbusters 3 ;)

I disagree. Go Yanks, Rangers and Jets! (and the Knicks, but I usually try to forget about them)

I'm 15, and started playing around the beginning of the Covid-19 shutdown. I'm a massive nerd, and risk has always been one of my favorite board games, so when I found out about WarGear, I jumped straight in.

18. #238 / 276
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

also, if anyone has a game and needs people to join, invite me and I'll do my best.

19. #239 / 276
    Premium Member Silver Fox
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

New player.  Was a long time member of Strategy Game Network.  Still looking for my first win sadly

20. #240 / 276
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hi Silver Fox!  Welcome aboard.   Glad you are checking out wargear.  Feel free to invite me to any games (or really almost anyone in the forums, as the crowd here at wargear is generally pretty good-natured)

>Still looking for my first win.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), the competition here is pretty stiff.  A lot of really good players.

Edited Sun 23rd Aug 02:59 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««67891011121314   (14 in total)