179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 14
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I figured I'd make a thread like this when I hit 100, but was too slow and one more added itself before I had time to open it.

I should also add that private tournaments give trophies but not official wins. I have two of those, so 103 trophies in my profile at the time of writing. I'll treat those two the same below, because, why not? But officially the counter stands at 101.

I have won on 58 different boards, individual tournaments on 39 boards, team tournaments on 29 boards, both on 10. My most won on boards are Iwo Jima with 12 wins, Seven Redux with 6 and Colossal Crusade with 5.

My sincere thanks to the teammates I have won tournaments with. First and foremost Pratik, my most-often companion, who has been my partner for 22 wins. But also to Chele Nica, Bex Valeur, redshift, sirdakka, asm, Hartford, Nikolai, Spider, weathertop, Kjeld, Oldtimer, Livia and Ozyman.

My sincere thanks to the creators of boards I have won tournaments on. First and foremost Ozyman, 20 of the wins have been on his boards. But also to Alpha, Red Baron, Yertle, Raptor, Viper, Edward Nygma, Kjeld, Thingol, Amidon37, FadeToOne, KrocK, M57, BenedictArnold, Toaster, weathertop, Alsace Lorraine, BeastlyMaster, Cumberdale, Cramchackle, Ikillatthepun, j-bomb, Kav, RiskyBack, The Mountain and The Rope

My sincere thanks to the tournament creators who have made the tournaments I won. First and foremost Babbalouie, who opened 25 of them. But also to Pratik, Charlemagne/charlesdale, Thingol, hootz72, Wonder Woman, Chele Nica, fireRocketCards, Johasi Vidad, Mad Bomber, Spillo, Templaribus, TenaciousLee (RIP my friend), TheLion, berickf, robert the great, The Cooler, Der Panzer, DeVine, Hartford, jonathan the Great, Klaranth, Livia, Neptunez, redshift, RiskyBack, Shredder, weathertop and yacitus. (I also opened a couple myself, 3 of those to be exact)

My sincere thanks to my worthy opponents, you are to plentiful to name in bulk but you are remembered.

And last, a sincere thanks to Tom without which none of this would be possible.

2. #2 / 14
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Wow! Congrats! I only hope I can last long enough - and play well enough - to achieve even a small part of this. You are truly an inspiration to Risk-lovers.

3. #3 / 14
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amazing job Litotes! and a side-shout out to weathertop, who I think was the only person to make all 3 of your lists.

4. #4 / 14
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Awesome accomplishment, Litotes, and glad to have helped out with one or two of those teams wins! ...and been on the losing side of many others, of course =)

5. #5 / 14
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thanks guys :)

Ozyman wrote:Amazing job Litotes! and a side-shout out to weathertop, who I think was the only person to make all 3 of your lists.

Yes, well observed. I did actually add a small hello to weathertop in my post. He usually calls his teams "Why not" when he plays tournaments, so I used that.

6. #6 / 14
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Wow, very impressive, Litotes!

I love all the stats as well, you know how crazy many of us are about numbers :)

7. #7 / 14
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Nicely done! At the rate I play tournaments and actually win (1 for 15 so far) it will take me several life times to achieve this.

8. #8 / 14
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Very well done, Litotes!

Your 100 was never in doubt.

Winning tournaments on 58 different boards is quite a feat. I have barely played (in any format) on 58 different boards!

Has been a pleasure playing with you. I had got bored or WarGear for a while a few years ago, and the only reason I stuck around was because i thoroughly enjoy our team games.

9. #9 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

While this prodigious accomplishment is inarguably incredible, it is in no way surprising nor unexpected. (while sounding like a backhanded compliment, it is anything but!! I'm complicated like that...) Not surprising or unexpected from a player such as yourself 'Totes. You are just as inarguably, an incredible player, one of the best on this site.

It's been a privilege to be part of your journey to get to this point, both as a partner and (more commonly) a defeated foe! Not gunna lie, I often think twice about joining a tourney when you and Pratik are teamed up. Sometimes I'll give it the 'ol "why not" attitude and join knowing I'll likely get my ass handed to me. But what fun is there in only playing games that you know you have a chance in winning at?!

I've been here since the beginning and only have 30 tourney wins :^( - (altho looking at my stats, I finally cracked the General's rank!). It may take some dedication to try to come close to what some of you have (I mean, seriously; Charlemagne is closer to 200 wins than I am to zero wins...). Also, I'm not terribly interested in combing each of those to find the data points you have (i'm a bit lazy lately). However, that makes me wonder if Tom would be willing to make a separate tab on Tourney data -- at the minimum a separate table on the tourney page for 'wins' as opposed to 'score'?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Tue 20th Sep 10:32 [history]

10. #10 / 14
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:Very well done, Litotes!
    Your 100 was never in doubt.

Winning tournaments on 58 different boards is quite a feat. I have barely played (in any format) on 58 different boards!

Has been a pleasure playing with you. I had got bored or WarGear for a while a few years ago, and the only reason I stuck around was because i thoroughly enjoy our team games.

Thank you :) It's been a pleasure to play with you too :)

11. #11 / 14
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:While this prodigious accomplishment is inarguably incredible, it is in no way surprising nor unexpected. (while sounding like a backhanded compliment, it is anything but!! I'm complicated like that...) Not surprising or unexpected from a player such as yourself 'Totes. You are just as inarguably, an incredible player, one of the best on this site.

It's been a privilege to be part of your journey to get to this point, both as a partner and (more commonly) a defeated foe! Not gunna lie, I often think twice about joining a tourney when you and Pratik are teamed up. Sometimes I'll give it the 'ol "why not" attitude and join knowing I'll likely get my ass handed to me. But what fun is there in only playing games that you know you have a chance in winning at?!

I've been here since the beginning and only have 30 tourney wins :^( - (altho looking at my stats, I finally cracked the General's rank!). It may take some dedication to try to come close to what some of you have (I mean, seriously; Charlemagne is closer to 200 wins than I am to zero wins...). Also, I'm not terribly interested in combing each of those to find the data points you have (i'm a bit lazy lately). However, that makes me wonder if Tom would be willing to make a separate tab on Tourney data -- at the minimum a separate table on the tourney page for 'wins' as opposed to 'score'?

Thank you, I'm glad to hear you enter anyway, a victory is by no means given and worthy opponents make it worth while to play.

Part of the reason you haven't won more is of course that you play less tournaments than I do.

A separate tab for tourney wins would be nice, +1 on that.

12. #12 / 14
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:
    Part of the reason you haven't won more is of course that you play less tournaments than I do.

dunno about that.

i've played more tourney games (according to player stats) by a couple hundred. total tourneys in the 475 range.

either way, i know i am not quite the player you and others are and i'm quite ok with that.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

13. #13 / 14
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Well done, Litotes !! Not an easy feat by any means, as many of us know. We all ratchet our play up a notch when we see you as an opponent in the tourneys we play. For good reason !

Some fine looking trophies in that cabinet, suspect they will have company soon.

: )

"Just sayin', it's easy to get humble around here."

14. #14 / 14
    Premium Member Mad Bomber
    Rank
    5 Star General
    Rank Posn

It took a long time…but I finally opened the door….what did I find? A Top 15 player :)

I will go through and calculate different board count and will drop average player per tournament

i want equal amounts of blueberry's
    I play on any field of battle...not just three boards

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)