Private
    Rank Posn

I can not find it..

2. #2 / 11
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It was retired when the Flash player was discontinued. It needed flash to function. And flash doesn't really exist anymore.

3. #3 / 11
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I wish I had the time to fix/alter the images so it could work. Regardless, it would not look the same. I believe a lot of it had to do with making the neutral color the same as the board so the stones were not visible until they were played. It never worked with the Native player and i was OK with that. I don't know that it was one of my 'best' games, but I thought the design was pretty cool with all the board image variations.

4. #4 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I dearly miss Go-Geared along with a few other maps that flash did in.

I hope it, and some others (like unique personas ravenloft) come back eventually.

@M57, I think your go-geared board mechanics was genius.

5. #5 / 11
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Looks like I've figured out how to get Go-Geared working in the Native Player! I'm almost embarrassed to say that it involves a not so difficult fix that involved adding a neutral image. A fortuitous bonus is I found that by matching that neutral image color to the neutral text color, the look of the board is much cleaner looking. I'd really like to avoid having to put it out there as.a New board because it would be starting fresh with no stats, reviews etc, so I've reached out to Tom to see if it can be re-loaded into the site.

Here are a few Dev games if anyone wants a preview..

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81320522

(1-sided dice)

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81320523

(8-sided dice)

Also, if you're at all interested in helping me out with the Minesweeper scenario I'm altering, see the thread related to it in the Board Designer's Chat section of the forums, or just give me a PM. I have a few options I'm considering and would appreciate your opinions.

6. #6 / 11
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sweet! I'm glad you figured that out. I assumed it was something simple, but finding which simple thing it is can be tricky.

7. #7 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:Looks like I've figured out how to get Go-Geared working in the Native Player! I'm almost embarrassed to say that it involves a not so difficult fix that involved adding a neutral image. A fortuitous bonus is I found that by matching that neutral image color to the neutral text color, the look of the board is much cleaner looking. I'd really like to avoid having to put it out there as.a New board because it would be starting fresh with no stats, reviews etc, so I've reached out to Tom to see if it can be re-loaded into the site.

Here are a few Dev games if anyone wants a preview..

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81320522" target="_blank"> https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81320522
    (1-sided dice)

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81320523" target="_blank"> https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81320523
    (8-sided dice)

Also, if you're at all interested in helping me out with the Minesweeper scenario I'm altering, see the thread related to it in the Board Designer's Chat section of the forums, or just give me a PM. I have a few options I'm considering and would appreciate your opinions.

If you bring it out as a new board we can still round up some reviews and plays and tournaments :)

8. #8 / 11
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:

If you bring it out as a new board we can still round up some reviews and plays and tournaments :)

No question. It's more of a preference. If I start a new board, the CPs for the original will still be around and there will soon be two sets of CPs for the same board, which doesn't seem very equitable. I PM'd tom but haven't heard back from him. I should probably try e-mail.

I don't mind the delay. I'm still considering whether or not (and how) to break out certain scenarios into a separate board, because gameplay between the 1d and 8d scenarios is so different.

Edited Wed 6th Jul 10:23 [history]

9. #9 / 11
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:Andernut wrote:

No question. It's more of a preference. If I start a new board, the CPs for the original will still be around and there will soon be two sets of CPs for the same board, which doesn't seem very equitable. I PM'd tom but haven't heard back from him. I should probably try e-mail.

I don't mind the delay. I'm still considering whether or not (and how) to break out certain scenarios into a separate board, because gameplay between the 1d and 8d scenarios is so different.

YOU don't mind the delay.

Haha, do whatever you feel is best - I don't think the CPs matter when we could all be playing the game!

10. #10 / 11
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Go-Geared is up and running ..and after a fix by Tom is now properly showing up on the Boards search page.

Thanks Tom!

11. #11 / 11
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

This is such great news!!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)