if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 6
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Maybe a map of delft?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Antique_map_of_Delft,_Netherlands_by_Blaeu_J._1649.jpg

There was a big explosion in the city around this time (occurred on 12 October 1654):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delft#Explosion

Would be fun to make a map with a timer in it. After a certain number of rounds, a bunch of factories zero out about half the city from the explosion. And/Or fill it with lots of neutrals to simulate the cost to rebuild the devastated areas. Could have a few scenarios that have different start times so you have more/less time until the explosion.

4. #4 / 6
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Do we have a map with such a scenario? Volcano-based seems obvious, with a race to the only remaining boat? :)

Sadly, I've never tried to build a map, but I often see images that remind me of various scenarios/boards/themes.

5. #5 / 6
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    Would be fun to make a map with a timer in it. After a certain number of rounds, a bunch of factories zero out about half the city from the explosion. And/Or fill it with lots of neutrals to simulate the cost to rebuild the devastated areas. Could have a few scenarios that have different start times so you have more/less time until the explosion.

I've thought about making a Board like this. Either work from the outside in on some sort of concentric circle map. (I've got one I was playtesting from a while back.) or doing something to adapt one of my favoriter board games from back in the day -

Edited Sun 14th Nov 15:46 [history]

6. #6 / 6
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:Ozyman wrote:

I've thought about making a Board like this. Either work from the outside in on some sort of concentric circle map. (I've got one I was playtesting from a while back.) or doing something to adapt one of my favoriter board games from back in the day -

Timers are a cool idea, but they can seriously mess with troop count. I was working on a scenario for Waterloo where Prussian reinforcements show up 5 or 10 turns into the game, and it was just too hard to execute to my satisfaction. This is just another of those board design ideas that would greatly benefit from having "Token" territories ..one of the top designer requests.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)