1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I get a red "1" on the Wargear icon on my toolbar after I take my turn.  Clicking on it to enter the site gets rid of the notification, but it seems to appear for no reason.

2. #2 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

mine seems to stay after last turn is completed until i refresh the page again (Chrome).

I'm thinking this has to do with the root cause for the whole not moving on to the next game without two clicks of the next turn button. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

ok thanks will look into it

4. #4 / 10
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This should be fixed now; the new numbered icon in the toolbar is the number of games where it's your turn. It should update in real time.

The Next Turn button should also be fixed... if not let me know!

5. #5 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm still getting this after I take my turn..

6. #6 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

In Chrome on a PC I have Wargear as one of my shortcut icons on my home Google home page. The icon there has a number in red that seems to be "one visit behind" in my number of turns. That is it shows how many turns I had at the beginning of the last time I logged in. Maybe a refresh fixes it? I can try.

Given how much the turn and message notification has improved everywhere else I am super happy though!

7. #7 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

my red number icon seems to update after a turn is completed (e.g. I just came back from vacation and i would watch it count down from 12 as I took my turns). It seems that it takes the amount of time for the 'card won' animation to fade for that number icon to change, which makes sense, but it updates accurately. It also seems that if you wait for that to happen to click 'next game' that works as expected also - conversely if you click 'next game' prior to that, it just refreshes the current game, which was what i was seeing a LOT of the time prior to your fix. So I would say that it seems to work as anticipated there.

However, as M & A say above; there's no periodic update of the tab if you're not taking turns or refreshing the page. I will wait to see if it updates when i have a turn ready again (maybe it's just the #ing that doesn't update, but still indicates a turn is waiting when there is at least one).

---

Update:

10/27 1500CST - red tab appeared when i had a turn to take. so it looks like it just doesn't update the numbers as new games get added to your turn

---

Update 2:

10/28 1200CST - seems to be updating the numbers as expected now

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Thu 28th Oct 13:35 [history]

8. #8 / 10
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks for feedback, will see what can be done to fix this.

9. #9 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Thanks for feedback, will see what can be done to fix this.

tom - I just bumped another thread talking about a long standing issue that it would be great if you could figure out as it can problems for players.

https://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/5208plast/Lots_of_wrong_borders_on_ZSA#last

10. #10 / 10
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:tom wrote: Thanks for feedback, will see what can be done to fix this.

tom - I just bumped another thread talking about a long standing issue that it would be great if you could figure out as it can problems for players.

https://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/5208plast/Lots_of_wrong_borders_on_ZSA#last

Sure will do.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)