179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)
  1. #121 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Not sure if this is related to Dual Layers, but this map http://www.wargear.net/games/view/10668 the thumbnail has a white background instead of the transparent. Shows fine in the Flash Preview and in games, just a thumbnail thing. I was messing around with Dual Layers on it the other night, and that's when I think it got messed up, when I switched it back to Single Layer. I've tried re-uploading the image and even Copying the game board, but same result with the white background. No real rush, doesn't really make that much of a different just a cosmetic thing from what I see so far. Thanks!

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

2. #122 / 137
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Wow this is so amazing. I cant wait to heal up more so I can get to work making some maps with cool features.

3. #123 / 137
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Which thumbnail are we talking about Yertle? Game list?

4. #124 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Which thumbnail are we talking about Yertle? Game list?

Game List and the Board List on Board Designer tab (same size though I believe).

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

5. #125 / 137
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's because your fill layer background is white - if you set it to transparent it should show the thumbnail properly. At least I think that should work. The thumbnails are just blended copies of the 2/3 layers, so the white will shine through transparent areas in the board (top) image.

6. #126 / 137
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: It's because your fill layer background is white - if you set it to transparent it should show the thumbnail properly. At least I think that should work. The thumbnails are just blended copies of the 2/3 layers, so the white will shine through transparent areas in the board (top) image.

Which is why Krock was having trouble with his "Atomic Transporters" board looking correct in the preview, but not in the Player.  The preview displays superfluous information of the fill image, but the Player writes over it.

Could we have the preview (thumbnail) image generation work like the Player and disregard the none-fill parts of the fill image?  It would probably help prevent future confusion with new designers.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

7. #127 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: It's because your fill layer background is white - if you set it to transparent it should show the thumbnail properly. At least I think that should work. The thumbnails are just blended copies of the 2/3 layers, so the white will shine through transparent areas in the board (top) image.

It's Single Layer...

Or at least it has been for a few days...perhaps the Fill Layer Image was retained when I switched it back to Single Layer?

What's Your Passion?

Edited Thu 25th Feb 22:54 [history]

8. #128 / 137
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ah. Maybe that's it. This should be fixed now - if you go to your board and click Save it should recreate the thumbnails without the fill layer.

Toaster - yes, I'll work on that.

9. #129 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Ah. Maybe that's it. This should be fixed now - if you go to your board and click Save it should recreate the thumbnails without the fill layer.

Worked, thanks!

What's Your Passion?

10. #130 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So it appears the Custom Fog Image isn't seen during Simultaneous Territory Selection. The Basic Fog is what is seen for unselected territories on Default Fog Image and is what is seen currently on Custom Fog Image.
    Should the Custom Fog Image be seen, or is it working as intended? I imagine it would be nice if the Custom Image is used in this scenario.

What's Your Passion?

11. #131 / 137
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes it should use the Custom fog image, I'll look at that thanks Yertle.

12. #132 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Yes it should use the Custom fog image, I'll look at that thanks Yertle.

By the way, it shows on the game page with the Custom Fog image during territory selection (ie before you do territory selection), but just not in the Flash when you actually go to do the territory selection.

What's Your Passion?

13. #133 / 137
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm having a weird problem with this dev game: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/11909

The board shows up fine in the image on the Launch page, but in the player most of the background image disappears. The only thing I can think of is that the bit that disappeared is graphical decoration that I moved to the fill layer to slim down the board image layer -- but why it displays properly in one place and not the other I don't know. Any ideas?

14. #134 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Fill layer only shows the territories that will be filled, nothing outside of that area (ie graphical decoration) is drawn in the Flash. Outside the Flash it just simply gets layered, see post 126 and 128 in which Toaster said outside the Flash should probably display the same as inside the Flash to avoid confusion.

What's Your Passion?

15. #135 / 137
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ah, I see. Thanks, Yertle, that clears it up.

16. #136 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: So it appears the Custom Fog Image isn't seen during Simultaneous Territory Selection. The Basic Fog is what is seen for unselected territories on Default Fog Image and is what is seen currently on Custom Fog Image.
    Should the Custom Fog Image be seen, or is it working as intended? I imagine it would be nice if the Custom Image is used in this scenario.

So I've got myself confused on this now :P

With Custom Fog Image:

Single Layer Territory Selection Game Page (Outside the Flash): I think it doesn't show anything (http://www.wargear.net/games/view/12054), or this could be some left over bug since I copied a Dual Layer Board and then changed it to a Dual Layer.  Without Custom Fog, Territories show the Fog Image (http://www.wargear.net/games/view/12055)

Dual Layer Territory Selection Game Page (Outside the Flash): Territories show the Custom Fog Image (http://www.wargear.net/games/view/12053).  Without Custom Fog, I think it doesn't show anything (http://www.wargear.net/games/view/12056), I think this is a straight up bug, unless something isn't working right during Copy Board.

Single Layer Territory Selection In Flash: With or Without Custom Fog, Territories show as default Fill colors (just mainly it shows the Board Image, not the Fog in the territories)(http://www.wargear.net/games/player/12054 and http://www.wargear.net/games/player/12055).

Dual Layer Territory Selection In Flash: With Custom Fog, Territories show the Default Fog Image (http://www.wargear.net/games/player/12053).  Without Custom Fog, broken... http://www.wargear.net/games/player/12056, dunno why.

Soooo, what should Single Layer show, the Filled territories or as Fogged?  Then I think it could be answered as to should Dual Layer show the Fog or Fill.

In super short, I'm kind of lost :P And for some reason, ever time I typed Custom in this post, I typed Custome, it's really annoying.

What's Your Passion?

17. #137 / 137
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ah, yes, there was a bug when copying boards which has now been fixed. The fog and fill images weren't being copied over.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)