Rank Posn

She LIKES you Mongrel.

903244_big.jpg

3. #103 / 137
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What am i doing wrong... it a duel layer and everything is good in the design tool, but in the flash player its messed up. anyone have a suggestion?

design tool: http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/444

messed up game: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/11167

4. #104 / 137
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

You have the Fog Image set to default so it is gonna show the lines. You have to change that and then add a Fog layer to overlay when fog is present.

The Status is NOT quo

5. #105 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

KrocK wrote: What am i doing wrong... it a duel layer and everything is good in the design tool, but in the flash player its messed up. anyone have a suggestion?

design tool: http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/444

messed up game: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/11167

Your Fill map layer should only contain the filled territories (only pixels that get filled by a player/neutral color will be drawn, which is why the backdrop/icons aren't being drawn).  The little icons and the water background/borders should both be on the Board Image layer, then the areas where the territories are should be fully transparent (just like they currently are).

Other than that, the player fill is working pretty much correctly right?  At least it looks as if it is and should.

So far this is my understanding anyway.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

6. #106 / 137
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

thanks guys!

7. #107 / 137
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Hey Yertle how about doing a diagram sort of like a three dimensional diagram of the three layers sitting on top of each other? I can visualize it in my head but it's a bit difficult to explain!

8. #108 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Hey Yertle how about doing a diagram sort of like a three dimensional diagram of the three layers sitting on top of each other? I can visualize it in my head but it's a bit difficult to explain!

Sure, will put something together...I think it's a bit hard to create too since it's simple like Board Image>Fillmap>Fog, except that showing Fillmap both on top of Fog and allowing Fog to show "through" (aka on top) is the tricky part.  Working on a better info-graphic to show this currently.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Edited Mon 22nd Feb 17:29 [history]

9. #109 / 137
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Was there something ever fixed about the thumbnails? My new version of Rent is Due has a dual layer but the fill layer is not showing in the thumbnail and I worked really hard to get it all to match (I didn't work hard at all).

The Status is NOT quo

10. #110 / 137
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

They should be fixed, although when did you add the dual layer? There was an interim period of a day or so when they weren't created properly so if you reupload the image from the Designer it should fix... if not let me know.

11. #111 / 137
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I added the dual layer yesterday but I just cleaned up some things and re added both layers and it is still not showing the fill layer, it is showing the black background with the lines. I'm not sure what link to give you to show it but here is the designer (notice the game number)

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/666

The Status is NOT quo

12. #112 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: I added the dual layer yesterday but I just cleaned up some things and re added both layers and it is still not showing the fill layer, it is showing the black background with the lines. I'm not sure what link to give you to show it but here is the designer (notice the game number)

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/666

I just did a hard refresh on My Games list and it started showing correctly (but it wasn't earlier, it was showing as you described it).

What's Your Passion?

13. #113 / 137
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Hard Refresh worked. (we should probably develop another term since that sounds dirty)

The Status is NOT quo

14. #114 / 137
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Small suggestion: rename it from "Dual Layer" to "Multi Layer" It may clear up come confusion.

Edited Tue 23rd Feb 14:11 [history]

15. #115 / 137
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

KrocK wrote:

Small suggestion: rename it from "Dual Layer" to "Multi Layer" It may clear up come confusion.

How so?  It's really only 2 layers.  The Fog Image layer is something separate that can be use with Single or Dual Layers.

What's Your Passion?

16. #116 / 137
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Speaking of the Fog Layer, I just want to check something. We can add a fog layer even if the default rules don't have fog but so that if someone wants to play it with fog they will have a nice little fog layer, right?

The Status is NOT quo

17. #117 / 137
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

RiskyBack wrote: Speaking of the Fog Layer, I just want to check something. We can add a fog layer even if the default rules don't have fog but so that if someone wants to play it with fog they will have a nice little fog layer, right?

I just created a fog layer for a normally non-fogged game with just that intention.

Does anyone know if there is a way to actually view the fog layer once you've uploaded it, short of actually launching a fog game?  Unless I'm missing it, there's no such feature in the designer.  Seems like something you'd want to check before launching the first game.

18. #118 / 137
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Red Baron wrote:
    RiskyBack wrote: Speaking of the Fog Layer, I just want to check something. We can add a fog layer even if the default rules don't have fog but so that if someone wants to play it with fog they will have a nice little fog layer, right?

I just created a fog layer for a normally non-fogged game with just that intention.

Does anyone know if there is a way to actually view the fog layer once you've uploaded it, short of actually launching a fog game?  Unless I'm missing it, there's no such feature in the designer.  Seems like something you'd want to check before launching the first game.

On the "Design" tab in the board editor, at the bottom of the map image are two sliders. Set the fill layer transparency to the bottom to see what the game will look like under total fog.

Happy Birthday to the ground!!!

19. #119 / 137
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Cramchakle wrote: On the "Design" tab in the board editor, at the bottom of the map image are two sliders. Set the fill layer transparency to the bottom to see what the game will look like under total fog.

Ah, great!  Probably the one combination of controls I didn't try.

20. #120 / 137
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep that's right... unless you disable Fog entirely of course.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)