180 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 27
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It isn't about surrenders. In a 1v1, a surrender pretty much always counts as an elimination.

Take the board Hex, for example: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Hex/Rankings

It's a 1v1 board only, and I have 36 wins with 36 eliminations. And likely over 20 of those wins were through surrender.

The problem is that the elimination stat is not counted properly. Some eliminations count, some don't. There is a bug in the counting of the stat. Looking back the Hex list from above, and you can see several others have less eliminations than wins.

Another example: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/7669/Rankings

Go also has lots of surrenders, and I'm absolutely certain that I have won several by surrender there. But I have equal eliminations and wins. However, some users have less eliminations than wins.

The elimination stat just can not be trusted (like several other stats on WG)

2. #22 / 27
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I can't tell you how disappointing that is for me. But at least now we know! Thank you Pratik!

3. #23 / 27
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

We can see from the Hex and Go boards than although some eliminations disappear, it isn't many. Charlemagne plays a lot of real time games. I think it's more likely eliminations won't count in real time, without having any idea about why.

One part of it might be that boots doesn't count as an elim. They are more likely in real time.

4. #24 / 27
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Boots at least aren't counted. I looked at Stevebob on Go-Geared, a player with one win and zero eliminations, and his win was due to opponent getting booted.

Same for Sportlust on Hex. One win, zero elim, opponent got booted (which is good for Sportlust, otherwise he'd lost).

Edited Sat 19th Jun 13:31 [history]

5. #25 / 27
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Took a deeper look based on Litotes' comments:

Take another 1v1 board: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Spy+vs+Spy/Rankings

I have 36 wins, with 33 elims. and the difference of 3 exactly matches the number of times I have won with my opponent getting booted (twice in real time, once in a regular day timer). And several other real time wins through traditional elimination or surrender. So, real time does not have an effect. And Litotes is likely right about boots not counting (which also makes sense).

6. #26 / 27
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:

[...]

The problem is that the elimination stat is not counted properly. Some eliminations count, some don't. There is a bug in the counting of the stat. Looking back the Hex list from above, and you can see several others have less eliminations than wins.

[...]

The elimination stat just can not be trusted (like several other stats on WG)

Tried to think about where I got this notion from. I'm quite sure that this belief was formed in my first 6 months on WG. Before the big 2017 mid year outage of WarGear. It's possible that the fixes after that, and the resultant recalcs fixed the stats.

7. #27 / 27
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I had been wondering what the eliminations stats looked like, thanks y'all for some good math

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)