179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 28
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Ever wonder who your Friends & Enemies are?
    I just figured out one of the less than 10 people who've enemied me over the years (only person in the game) and started wondering who the others might be and what I did to make them cranky at me.

Then I also noticed I had over 25 friends which made happy. Love you all whoever you are. =)

2. #2 / 28
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Enemies remain faceless, but if you wish to see your friends I believe their names appear green on your list of opponents. 

3. #3 / 28
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Twobeard wrote:

Enemies remain faceless, but if you wish to see your friends I believe their names appear green on your list of opponents. 

Those are the people you chose as friends. They may not feel the same way towards you.

It would be nice to have lists - 

4. #4 / 28
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, your own friended players are green, but the ones who friended you are unknown. I'd like to see them too but I guess one can't have everything. I'm grateful they're there. 

5. #5 / 28
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

And you can only friend and enemy when you're a premium member, so my lists are pretty outdated

6. #6 / 28
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:

I just figured out one of the less than 10 people who've enemied me over the years (only person in the game) and started wondering who the others might be and what I did to make them cranky at me.

Then I also noticed I had over 25 friends which made happy. Love you all whoever you are. =)

INAT, hard to believe anybody ‘enemied’ you.

7. #7 / 28
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

@Twobeard: as a standard member, you could (by circumstance/process of elimination) determine if someone has marked you as an enemy. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #8 / 28
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

@Twobeard: as a standard member, you could (by circumstance/process of elimination) determine if someone has marked you as an enemy. 

You overestimate my abilities and underestimate the numbers of my enemies. Smile

9. #9 / 28
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I know a couple of the big names around here marked me as an enemy when I broke a truce at a moment of strategic advantage for myself...I think thats lame. Ultimately its a fight to the death in every game and instead of making someone an enemy just never make a truce with them again. Marking someone as an enemy should be reserved for annoying or abusive behavior that's not core to winning the game.

10. #10 / 28
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:

I know a couple of the big names around here marked me as an enemy when I broke a truce at a moment of strategic advantage for myself...I think thats lame. Ultimately its a fight to the death in every game and instead of making someone an enemy just never make a truce with them again. Marking someone as an enemy should be reserved for annoying or abusive behavior that's not core to winning the game.

I think some use their enemy list just as a reminder about who isn't to be trusted. Not everyone has a memory up to remembering everything. I'd struggle myself, but I make relatively few truces so easier to remember who breaks them.

11. #11 / 28
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:

Ultimately its a fight to the death in every game

Then don't make truces.

12. #12 / 28
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Litotes wrote:
    Xrayjay wrote:

I think some use their enemy list just as a reminder about who isn't to be trusted. Not everyone has a memory up to remembering everything. I'd struggle myself, but I make relatively few truces so easier to remember who breaks them.

Yes, I'd definitely put someone on the enemy list if they betrayed a truce (and were not repentant).  Not that I'd never play with them again, but just as a shorthand to myself not to trust them.  (I don't have xrayjay on my enemy list)

The other group of people I've marked as enemies are people who private message me to tell me how I should play. 

Edited Wed 28th Apr 00:35 [history]

13. #13 / 28
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    Xrayjay wrote:

Ultimately its a fight to the death in every game

Then don't make truces.

Agree with that. I'd rather lose a game than break a truce. There is something to be said for being trustworthy. Several players do it that way. I remember playing Cona Chris and establishing a truce over a specific border and him later bending over backwards to win the game without breaking the truce (he managed). Kudos to him. 

14. #14 / 28
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    Litotes wrote:
    Xrayjay wrote:

Yes, I'd definitely put someone on the enemy list if they betrayed a truce (and were not repentant).  Not that I'd never play with them again, but just as a shorthand to myself not to trust them.  (I don't have xrayjay on my enemy list)

The other group of people I've marked as enemies are people who private message me to tell me how I should play. 

To add to this list, I've also marked someone as an enemy who has posted particularly nasty or obnoxious in-game messages, whether via PM or publicly. Pxxxxxx (where i've edited the name)  comes to mind - in my first game with him on a Koprulu map. The messages, mostly public, kind of 'shocked' me at the time as I had no dealings with him prior, via game, tourney or forums.

15. #15 / 28
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:
    itsnotatumor wrote:

INAT, hard to believe anybody ‘enemied’ you.

Yeah. Can't please everyone all the time, especially in competitive games.  After looking at old games I figured out the one I know of happened like a decade ago. I pointed out in general chat of a game that another player had over half the map so that all the people hammering on me should pay attention. 

That person then called me a liar and a schemer or something like that.

I then agreed with the schemer part, but that I was telling the truth. The guy really did have over half the map (I checked afterwards). I then got lucky with an elimination chain (all the people hammering on me who had worn themselves out) and won. 

I'm guessing that last part is what really got me enemied.  

I'm sure there are one or two more that I annoyed in my younger feistier days...

Edited Mon 3rd May 14:37 [history]

16. #16 / 28
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:

Yeah... I'd mark you too. Breaking truces are bad long term strategy. May get you one win, but lose you more as you become a public enemy that no one trusts. Something to think about. 

17. #17 / 28
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You know, jumping back to the 'friends' side of the discussion, I don't see much downside for people to see who has friended them (perhaps being 'un-friended later could cause some resentment, ala Facebook?). Anyone have thoughts on that?

18. #18 / 28
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i've always had a morbid curiosity to that end... 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

19. #19 / 28
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

You know, jumping back to the 'friends' side of the discussion, I don't see much downside for people to see who has friended them (perhaps being 'un-friended later could cause some resentment, ala Facebook?). Anyone have thoughts on that?

Lol. I know I started this because I'm curious, but I could see how it might degenerate.
    "Why didn't you friend me bro?!?" Clicking enemy!

20. #20 / 28
    Standard Member WalkTheLine
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I just realized that INAT is my teammate in an ongoing tourney and I don't have him added as a friend. 

I'll have to fix that!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)