1. #1 / 3
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Moving this request to it's own thread.

In this thread:
    wargear.net/forum/showthread/5256/Team_game_territory_transfer_

There is discussion about ways to help better teams gameplay (essentially donating one of your territories to your partner), and I brought up a feature that I've mentioned in other threads but never officially requested, so here goes:

Add a setting where attacking your teammate results in the defender (your teammate) throwing only zero sided die.  This means that in a team game, you must still attack your opponent to acquire his territories to complete a continent, but your partner doesn't end up eliminating your armies. 

This means that:

1. You don't have to allow abandon of territories when the board doesn't work well with abandon (from the other thread:  If you turn on abandon then your partner can fortify to you and abandon their territory and then you attack the abandoned territory back on your next turn.  But this means that abandon is turned on for ALL territories, which throws a wrench in some board gameplay).
    2. WG's engine can already handle dice modifiers, so hopefully it would be a short putt for Tom to program.

2. #2 / 3
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I don't think we have any board with dice modifier dependent on who is attacking/defendig, do we? I can't remember any. That might be technically difficult to accomplish. 

3. #3 / 3
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Litotes - I absolutely agree; I don't think we have any modifiers based on who you are attacking.  My recommendation of this feature was 100% a guess as to which would be easier to implement. 

I'd leave it to Tom to decide which option (my proposal here, or the one discussed in the other forum post) is easier and more in line with how his engine should work.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)