208 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Hoping that someone with pseudo-admin privs can help with this.

The BRG has resurrected the board HexVoid.
    http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/HexVoid

We just finished a game where two very good players (Johasi Vidad and Wonder Woman) happened to be pinned together in one area, but their player colors are indistinguishable in my player, which means that it was the end game and I was going for the elimination of an opponent and MID-Attack of that player, I'm suddenly offered an elimination bonus and to trade cards.  I thought there was a problem with the game player.  But then fumbled around and looked at the history and only then realized that it was two different players that I was eliminating (first WW, then JV afterwards) who had the "same" color.

My recommendation is to just remove one of those two colors from the board so the mistake doesn't happen again. 

Unfortunately, board designer hasn't logged in since 2019:
    http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Dilos%20Jaarliik

Hoping that Tom or someone else with pseudo-admin privs can modify the board config to just remove one game color option (which shouldn't change gameplay at all).

2. #2 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

which two colors? 

edit: I looked at the game (http://www.wargear.net/games/player/742234), and I assume it's the purple and plum.

A couple things:
    1) I could tell, it was not glaringly obvious but there was a difference.
    2) There are 32 colors on that map, and there are several that could be 'close enough' to warrant a decent color gradient to be able to tell - so do you go and get rid of all those combinations? 
    3) It just might be worth going back into that board and removing the boxes and allowing the fill to encompass the entire hex, thus allowing more space for the color to fill to more easily distinguish color variants (i'd be willing to do the graphics work, but would need Amidon or someone else to upload the new images; assuming we went that route)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sun 3rd Jan 11:56 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

3) It just might be worth going back into that board and removing the boxes and allowing the fill to encompass the entire hex, thus allowing more space for the color to fill to more easily distinguish color variants (i'd be willing to do the graphics work, but would need Amidon or someone else to upload the new images; assuming we went that route)

+1

WT really appreciate your efforts to update some of these older boards :)

Like to play unique boards come join the Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group

4. #4 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

3)  (i'd be willing to do the graphics work, but would need Amidon or someone else to upload the new images; assuming we went that route)

I can do that. I think you can get the image yourself correct?

5. #5 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

yes, i'll let you know (email) when i get done with it. not sure i'll get to it today or not.

update...

already grabbed and edited and emailed. and man, does it look sharp without those boxes - if i do say so myself. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sun 3rd Jan 16:46 [history]

6. #6 / 8
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Fire up some new games with it with the update. I agree with Boris - if I didn't have the premium stats box I'd be unable to play a game on that board competitively as it stands.

7. #7 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    Amidon37 wrote:

yes, i'll let you know (email) when i get done with it. not sure i'll get to it today or not.

update...

already grabbed and edited and emailed. and man, does it look sharp without those boxes - if i do say so myself. 

The deed is done

8. #8 / 8
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

Fire up some new games with it with the update. 

started a couple

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)