179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #1 / 73
    Premium Member Dud
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have just been accused of cheating on this site by General Von Arsslichen.  He stated that many people have said I cheat on this site and to avoid playing me.

As I told GVA, I have played 10k games on this site and have never cheated.  So, I am a bit flattered.  If there is ANYONE that thinks I cheat, please comment as such and become public.  And then lets ask Tom to check any of the 10k games I have played to verify and make the record public.

Besides the obvious, that this is just a relaxing site, there is no room for behind the door accusations.  Especially when they are false and unverified.

2. #2 / 73
    Standard Member zdisabled_2a9525be
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I am going by what people has said to me. If they come forward here good if not then I have egg on my face as they are gutless to come forward. One thing the Military has taught me is speak your mind and stand by what you said. Sometimes my PTSD gets the better of me and I get annoyed. But I do hope they come forward. We can only wait and see.

Edited Sat 18th Jul 19:55 [history]

3. #3 / 73
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I have played Dud on several occasions (not many by his standards :) ) and haven't got the slightest impression something might be wrong.

Furthermore, noone has ever warned me against Dud possibly being a cheat. I have received warnings about other players, most of whom have since been banned, but never about Dud. Not once.

4. #4 / 73
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Dud always maintains a global ranking of over 2000 and his H-Rating is in the stratosphere. At that level it's hard to get away with cheating. When your metrics are that strong you are in an elite group.  The top players here all know each others' games and their play gets scrutinized by their peers (and I don't mean by second tier players like me).

Dud is the kind of player I invite to play my boards. He's been around this site for a LONG time. Anything's possible, but I would be shocked to learn that he's been able to maintain his numbers by cheating for this long.

5. #5 / 73
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

General - I don't think we have played a game together, welcome to the site.

Looking at your games with Dud I see they have strictly been 1v1 Wargear Warfare games. There is literally no mechanism that allows a player to cheat in any way in 1v1 games. 

6. #6 / 73
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Looking at your games with Dud I see they have strictly been 1v1 Wargear Warfare games. There is literally no mechanism that allows a player to cheat in any way in 1v1 games. 

{#emotions_dlg.rofl}

7. #7 / 73
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

WGWF 1v1s? I suppose he's disappointed about games like 738831, where Dud got great initial distribution of territories.

But for every one of those (more or less) he's got games like 560752 - against me - where he justifiably surrendered after one move.

On WGWF playing 1v1 you have to accept that luck will decide a lot of games. And having a poor run of luck is not the same as having opponents cheat.

8. #8 / 73
    Premium Member Mad Bomber
    Rank
    5 Star General
    Rank Posn

Dud is no cheat....a very strong player....and has made me laugh

i want equal amounts of blueberry's
    I play on any field of battle...not just three boards

9. #9 / 73
    Premium Member Shredder
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Dud is good people. I have beat him. He has beat me. And I agree with my sometime teammates, sometime opponents, MB, Amidon, Ozy, Litotes, and M57 (always time friends).  GVA - hope that you enjoy the site and have fun...  All the best.

10. #10 / 73
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Is he saying Dud has some special programming ability with which to hack the site and have better starting position or dice or see thru fog. I’ve ‘jokingly’ said that about players that I’ve had perpetual bad dice against or who seem to be able to see weak points thru fog (see Andernut and Charlesdale/Babbalouie). I’ve never seen anyone post a message about Dud, even in jest.

11. #11 / 73
    Premium Member Big Skin
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I'll just echo what everyone else says.  Dud is good people. 

12. #12 / 73
    Standard Member Charlemagne
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Always a pleasure to play against Dud. I can see how someone might think that he cheats since he wins so many games...but it is only because he is a VERY GOOD player. 

13. #13 / 73
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I hate when people cheat by being better than me!  In fact I've noticed that this despicable behavior is simply rampant on wargear!

14. #14 / 73
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Gotta love the "people are saying" approach to lying, how original. 

Can't imagine where that originated. 

15. #15 / 73
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they ask me. They say, "Is Dud a cheater"? And I tell them look, we know what cheating is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of cheating you can imagine. Oh my god, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the dice rolls. Its terrible. Its just terrible. Look, if you want to know what a cheater is, do you want to know what a cheater is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 6, by the way I love the number 6. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number 6 but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Dud, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy but he's like, "10101000101", on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these dice and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the cheating than me. You wouldn't believe it. That I can tell you. So, we're gonna be the best on cheating, believe me. OK? Alright. We gonna knock the hell out of ISIS, believe me, Thank You, Thank you, Thank you.

16. #16 / 73
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

{#emotions_dlg.rofl}{#emotions_dlg.rofl}{#emotions_dlg.rofl}

{#emotions_dlg.worship}

17. #17 / 73
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

+100

18. #18 / 73
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Lol, that was a bit inspired Korrun. 😀

19. #19 / 73
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yeah. I just checked my head2head going back to 2012. Clean. A couple rules of thumb #1 avoid maps were luck is more important than skill. #2 If you think someone is cheating message Tom.  He'll catch them. Seriously. #3 Don't believe everything someone PMs, especially when they're losing... Unless its me of course, in which case do everything I tell you. It will help you win... Honest!

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

20. #20 / 73
    Premium Member Bake
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I have played Dud many times over the years and he doesn't cheat, sometimes he is very lucky, like so lucky that you would think he and Tom are good buds and he has paid Tom off or something. He pissed me off so bad that I don't play him head to head anymore cause he wins like 90 percent of the time.

No, Dud is good people as everyone else is saying on this post. Sad that one person has a poor outlook and wants to blame others for his misfortune. Grow up, it's only a game. 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)