3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 27
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

These issues should be fixed now; it was a problem with a background process which does a lot of the heavy lifting which died and wasn't automatically restarted by the monitoring system.

I've fixed the underlying issue with the monitoring system so this shouldn't happen again in future.

2. #22 / 27
    Tournament Tender hootz72
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Jonathan the Great wrote:

So I just got a "you have been eliminated" email but when i go to the board, it still shows me alive there. I'm assuming I was on the other end of this equation on a different game. Definitely keeping track here ;-)

Tom posted here > http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/5143/Server_issues_-_Resolved#post_1

that you should pm him games and details.

3. #23 / 27
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

DustyCuster wrote:

Has anyone seen an update anywhere, as to when this will be fixed? Going on almost 48 hours of the site being compromised/down.

The entire administration of the site is done by one person, and it's not their full time job - they have another job to pay the bills.  Occasionally (maybe once or twice a year on average), there is a serious problem with the site.  If it happens to fall on a weekend, or when Tom is on vacation or something, it can sometimes be a day or two or longer until it gets fixed.  That's just the way it is.

Tom is usually pretty good about making things right in the end (i.e. rolling back turns).

4. #24 / 27
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

DustyCuster wrote:

Is anybody else getting this message right now when they try to click on "my games"?

That was an awful 48 hours. 

5. #25 / 27
    Premium Member Twobeard
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

These issues should be fixed now; it was a problem with a background process which does a lot of the heavy lifting which died and wasn't automatically restarted by the monitoring system.

I've fixed the underlying issue with the monitoring system so this shouldn't happen again in future.

Thank you, Tom. 

6. #26 / 27
    Premium Member Rcf1950
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Tom,

I see that some games have been reset. But Game Kill 'Em All created on 62020-06-29 15:58 was not reset. I took out a player three times, lines 660, 663, 666. The system never register these moves. This game should be reset as well.

7. #27 / 27
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Rcf1950 wrote:

Tom,

I see that some games have been reset. But Game Kill 'Em All created on 62020-06-29 15:58 was not reset. I took out a player three times, lines 660, 663, 666. The system never register these moves. This game should be reset as well.

That one has been fixed - I replied to your PM. Sorry for the delay, there's a few games to get through!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)