205 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 23
    Standard Member brak
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I don't understand all the hate and nastiness such a fun game can generate.  

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/708782

2. #2 / 23
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I smell a rat (or two)...

3. #3 / 23
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

zyx only attacked GVA.  It's petty but that's his prerogative. Of course, it made for a poor game.  There's no reason that GVA can't join a game that zyx started; they're both premium members. But GVA's language is inappropriate and he should be warned about that. Imo you should report the game for that reason.

4. #4 / 23
    Private zyx zyx is offline now
    Standard Member zyx
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

zyx only attacked GVA.  It's petty but that's his prerogative. Of course, it made for a poor game.  There's no reason that GVA can't join a game that zyx started; they're both premium members. But GVA's language is inappropriate and he should be warned about that. Imo you should report the game for that reason.

In the comments of the game cited by the OP, GVA admitted that he collaborated to gang up on me in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/706495 , which I previously cited in another forum post.  Both accounts GVA mentioned in the OP game are held by the same person, and his use of both of them against me was nothing short of antagonistic harassment.  I have reported him for both profanity and cheating.  But since I already described his consistent profanity, cheating and multitude of accounts in detail in my prior post, I am not hopeful anything will be done.

Also, my apologies to Brak for having to witness his vitriol, even though he won. :)

Edited Sun 8th Mar 08:04 [history]

5. #5 / 23
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Glad to see you didn't respond with harassment.  I'd be tempted to focus on GVA too if he acted like that to me.

Also Brak - I think this is a long standing feud, that you've unfortunately stumbled across.

Edited Mon 9th Mar 17:00 [history]

6. #6 / 23
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

zyx only attacked GVA.  It's petty but that's his prerogative. Of course, it made for a poor game.  

Given zyx is a duplicate account for the banned camel, who made an long and laborious post about mending his ways.. seems like he's still being a dick.

Off Topic!

7. #7 / 23
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Brak, you might try out some of the non-standard Risk boards if you're looking for more genuine fun and less of the hissy-fits and crude behavior that seems common in the highly competitive Risk-like boards.

8. #8 / 23
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You can even join the Board Revival Group if you're looking for a fun group of folks to game with -- always have a good time with the BRG, even though I get my butt kicked much of the time!

9. #9 / 23
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yes Brak.  Join us. 

10. #10 / 23
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Yes Brak.  Join us. 

I dunno about that avatar though...kinda creeps me out.

11. #11 / 23
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

Yes Brak.  Join us. 

I dunno about that avatar though...kinda creeps me out.

Wouldn't think you'd object to avatars of fictional characters :)

12. #12 / 23
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Looks like Camel was berated pretty bad in that previous game for no reason.

13. #13 / 23
    Standard Member zdisabled_2a9525be
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Zyx also known as camel and many other account names, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Zyx you first to claim you were from Australia, When clearly you were not, just hiding the fact you are camel . Then you changed to America, Brak I am sorry you got caught in the cross fire, for that I am sorry. But Camel has been booted twice now for having different accounts and this one is no different.

Edited Sat 14th Mar 17:19 [history]

14. #14 / 23
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

General Von Arsslichen wrote:

Zyx you first to claim you were from Australia, When clearly you were not, just hiding the fact you are camel . Then you changed to America,

... But Camel has been booted twice now for having different accounts and this one is no different.

let's keep this factual.

1) who gives a darn where ppl claim they're from; doesn't matter one iota. He is not hiding the fact he is/was Camel. He put a big public post about it. 

2) he was NOT booted for having multiple accounts. he was booted for being a vulgar asshole. If he and the site owner have come to an agreement to let him stay; (which clearly there's been at least an unspoken one at minimum) and assuming he doesn't revert to the vulgar ass persona he previously let out, then that's how it's going to be. 

so i'll give you the same advice Camel was given: quit being a vulgar dickbag and provoking people and they will stop feeling the need to retaliate. keep it up and you'll be on the same end that Camel was. 

/excuse the profanity...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Sun 15th Mar 19:33 [history]

15. #15 / 23
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Reminds me of:

Archie Leach (A Fish Called Wanda) - "You are a true vulgarian, aren't you?"  {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Not directed at you weather, but rather the two others. 

16. #16 / 23
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

it was the sign i was born under ;) 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

17. #17 / 23
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Origin of the world vulgar is "common people". It was an insult used by nobles amongst themselves, describing an act as something an ordinary man in the street could do.

18. #18 / 23
    Standard Member zdisabled_b0c46970
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

1)how do I join BRG?

2) Even for the hardest competitors (I like to think of myself as one), you don't need to be a complete ****, you can be friendly or even just neutral, but to resort to being crude, vulgar, and completely ***** is uncalled for, unnecessary, pointless, and just plain dumb. Seriously? 

19. #19 / 23
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

You know, I looked a the history where the profanity player "teamed up" with Aussie Digger.  http://www.wargear.net/games/view/706495 

What I don't get is why, after they "teamed up", aussie digger surrendered.

Red had 27 on-board units PLUS 12 units in-hand and 3 cards.

General Von Arsslichen (classy name) had 17 on-board units and an income of 6 which which would have been broken and his trade-in wouldn't have saved him.  So for some reason Aussie Digger both "teamed up" but also then handed over the game.

Perhaps they were trading wins between games?

I don't understand that behaviour.  Nor the concept of two players predetermining who will win at the start of a three player game.  Bad form.

Edit - Ah crap, I responded to someone's necro of an old thread.  Bad form.

As is the language.

Edited Thu 25th Jun 12:46 [history]

20. #20 / 23
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>Ah crap, I responded to someone's necro of an old thread.  Bad form.

I never mind this stuff.  When I am on reddit (or facebook) I miss the old days of message boards where you could bump a thread to bring it back up again.  I don't like the constant churn of the modern internet, where you can't have a conversation that lasts more than a few days just because it's now old. 

>What I don't get is why, after they "teamed up", aussie digger surrendered.

Yeah - honestly it looks suspicious.  Also the dialog is weird.  zyx says nothing the whole time, and it looks like the other players joined just to harass him which I assume also means a pre-decided alliance, which is against the rules. 

No idea if it's a pattern of bad behavior, because I'm too lazy/busy to go digging.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)