0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)
  1. #101 / 139
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:

^ Tournaments have a minimum of 8 players.

Ah, thanks for that reminder!

2. #102 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

The tourney last time was Spy vs Spy, and if I remember correctly, at least half the players, myself included, had not played it before. 

I haven't played Gunslinger or Mall of the Dead, and it seems like it'll be a new one for several folks

3. #103 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Multiplayer games, voting order:

1st: Invention, 2nd Random Mazes, 3rd Resource, 4th Fortress

In case we're looking for more options on Saturday....

4. #104 / 139
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If anyone wants to learn Invention prior to this tournament, please feel free to invite me to a private game.  I can walk you through it.

Also there is a quick start guide on the wiki:

http://www.wargear.net/wiki/doku.php?id=boards:invention:invention#quick_start_guide

5. #105 / 139
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

it's been forever since i've played gunslinger - in fact, not sure i've played it much since i finished the graphics for Amidon and it was released. if that's what we're gunna play i'll need a prep game just to remember the mechanics. 

we'll need to see how many show up to see if we do RR or swiss or what, if it were Mall of the Dead we could do an elim tourney - can't really do that with 2 player games.

for real-time, i didn't even put a vote for any of the top 3 boards...too big and/or complicated to think about for a RT game while also playing another board (tourney). I'll offer up a fortress game to those not wanting to play whatever else is started. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #106 / 139
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

If we're gonna play Gunslinger, I recommend we play first with the original before (perhaps) moving on to the sequel.

7. #107 / 139
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

If we're gonna play Gunslinger, I recommend we play first with the original before (perhaps) moving on to the sequel.

agreed

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

8. #108 / 139
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

Are you implying that we should play two tournaments?

9. #109 / 139
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:
    Pratik wrote:

Uh oh. I've never played any of Gunslinger, Mall of the dead and Invention. Saturday doesn't look so tempting anymore.

Pratik, I can’t speak to Gunslinger (I haven’t played it either), but this is a good opportunity to learn 2 very popular maps on the site. Plus, any questions you have during play can be asked/answered realtime via Discord.

Fair enough.

Invention has never been an inviting map to me. If I need to read up for a hour before I figure out all the rules, the board does not seem worth it to me.

10. #110 / 139
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:
    Thingol wrote:
    Pratik wrote:

Uh oh. I've never played any of Gunslinger, Mall of the dead and Invention. Saturday doesn't look so tempting anymore.

Pratik, I can’t speak to Gunslinger (I haven’t played it either), but this is a good opportunity to learn 2 very popular maps on the site. Plus, any questions you have during play can be asked/answered realtime via Discord.

Fair enough.

Invention has never been an inviting map to me. If I need to read up for a hour before I figure out all the rules, the board does not seem worth it to me.

I think Invention is worth the investment Pratik. You can learn all the rules in 5-10 minutes of reading comprehension, but then to perfect the different techniques to win for each color, you simply have to get some games under your belt. That said, I have a poor win rate on the map, partly due to running into wily veterans and partly due to shit luck. But I still enjoy playing the map - one of the very few boards I enjoy even if I lose.

Edited Tue 12th Mar 12:49 [history]

11. #111 / 139
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

btw Chele, it wasn't on the list, but I happen to think some realtime games of Subterfuge are pretty fun. In fact, that map is much funner to play in realtime as opposed to the daily turn grind.

12. #112 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

btw Chele, it wasn't on the list, but I happen to think some realtime games of Subterfuge are pretty fun. In fact, that map is much funner to play in realtime as opposed to the daily turn grind.

Feel free to create a game on Saturday

13. #113 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I have some images for the tourney(s), and as a reminder, someone else will need to create the tourney(s), since I'm a standard member.

Here they are:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RXf4d9tuLLYN_n_5ezp6md7hQrZ3FFbo?usp=sharing

14. #114 / 139
    Standard Member SpyYoshiRv
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I can volunteer into making the tournaments, but the zombies image is making me scratch my head on which board is that, lol.

I will need to know which boards and an appropiate name in order to make them.

15. #115 / 139
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

SpyYoshiRv wrote:

I can volunteer into making the tournaments, but the zombies image is making me scratch my head on which board is that, lol.

I will need to know which boards and an appropiate name in order to make them.

Mall of the dead

16. #116 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

If we go for creating both tourneys, which sounds reasonable to me, my suggestion is to have the titles: "REAL TIME TOURNEY - Gunslinger" and "REAL TIME TOURNEY - Mall of the Dead"

We're creating them with 1 day turns (since tourneys don't have a real-time option), and maybe wait till Saturday when we're on discord to make a decision on creating with 8 players or more, depending on how many folks show up and have interest in each one?

Edited Fri 15th Mar 09:07 [history]

17. #117 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Thanks Spy for offering to create them!

18. #118 / 139
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Chele Nica wrote:

If we go for creating both tourneys, which sounds reasonable to me, my suggestion is to have the titles: "REAL TIME TOURNEY - Gunslinger" and "REAL TIME TOURNEY - Mall of the Dead"

We're creating them with 1 day turns (since tourneys don't have a real-time option), and maybe wait till Saturday when we're on discord to make a decision on creating with 8 players or more, depending on how many folks show up and have interest in each one?

agreed, we will wait til everyone shows up to make the tourneys. If Yoshi can't, I had planned to. I was going to play with a tropy image tonight. Want to create a RT Tourney border or something around the image that we can use for future events too. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

19. #119 / 139
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Two RT tournies plus a whole bunch of real time games? Too ambitious, IMO.

Should stick to just one. The more we get, the slower the tournies are going to be.

20. #120 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yes, but it's possible that not everyone will want to play Gunslinger. Two tourneys is about giving people options.

But I'm open to just one, i'd be nice to have everyone showing up tomorrow playing a single board, in addition to any real time games they wish to join

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)