But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

2. #22 / 139
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Will play if the schedule works out. Going to see a concert the night of the 16th so can't do after 4ish EST.

3. #23 / 139
    Colonel ogg ogg is offline now
    Premium Member ogg
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

March 16th should be good for me.  I like the 12 Noon EST..that's 10am for me.

4. #24 / 139
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'll have to see what you guys decide and see if I can join. Don't really have any specific preferences but put me down as a maybe.

5. #25 / 139
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Abishai wrote:

I'll have to see what you guys decide and see if I can join. Don't really have any specific preferences but put me down as a maybe.

Yep, same here.

The timing is definitely suitable, but don't know if I'll be free on that day. If I am, will be more than happy to join (unless it is a board I don't know at all)

6. #26 / 139
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Hi all,

So, our real-time meet up is set for March 16, 12 noon EDT (9am PDT, 5pm UTC+1). Please write back by February 28th with your opinion on how we communicate by chat on the day of the tourney, and any additions or subtractions to board list. I’ll post a poll on March 1st so we can vote on our preferences amongst all those suggested.

The following is the list of players we have have shown interest. Others can join all the way till March 16th, and of course, not everyone who is interested will necesarily join us on March 16th: Abishai, Amidon37, Camel, Chele nica, Litotes, Nikolai, Ogg, Pratik, Shredder, Thingol, Weathertop.

For those interested, here are two threads relating to our last tourney from December 2016:

_

We currently have two chat possibilities for communicating the day of: google hangouts (which we used in December 2016) and whatsapp (a lot of use outside US). Any other suggestions?

These boards are ones that someone or other thought might be too long or complex for real-time games or tourney: Antastic, Battle of bladensburg, Battle of waterloo, Civil war, Go-geared, Iwo jima.

We also have the following board suggestions for 2 or 3 player games for tourney (T) or multiplayer regular games (MP). Speak up by Thursday, February 28 if you want to reclaim one of those crossed-out, or want to add a board to the tourney or multiplayer lists. On Friday, March 1st, I’ll post a poll so we can vote on our preferred tourney board and multiplayer games.

Anarchy (MP)

Bowling (T)

Capital crusade (T, MP)

Chutes and ladders (MP)

Colossal crusade (T, MP)

Crossword (MP)

Five (T)

Fortress (MP)

Gauntlet (MP)

Gunslinger (T)

Hex (T)

Infection (MP)

Invention (MP)

King of the Mountain (MP)

Koprulu sector (MP)

Koprulu yamato (MP)

Mall of the dead (MP)

Micro mission (MP)

Millenium falcon (T)

Moon base (MP)

Pangea: Rise of the Chimp (MP)

Pirates of the caribbean (MP)

Qbert (T?, MP)

Quantum entanglement (T, MP)

Random Mazes (MP)

Raveloft (MP)

Rent is due (MP)

Rescue (MP)

Resource (MP)

Seven (T)

Shooting gallery (T)

Spy vs spy (T)

Ten propagate (T)

So, as a reminder, state your opinion by February 28th on the following:

1. You want to add your name to list of people interested

2. You want to suggest another chat platform besides hangouts and whatsapp

3. You want to add or take off a board from the list before I post a poll

Thanks,

Chele

7. #27 / 139
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I put the time/date on my calendar.  No promises as it's 10am for me, so I'll still be rolling out of bed.  If I play, probably likely that my whole family will play together under one of our WarGear user names, since weekends are usually our family time.

8. #28 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I put the time/date on my calendar.  No promises as it's 10am for me, so I'll still be rolling out of bed.  If I play, probably likely that my whole family will play together under one of our WarGear user names, since weekends are usually our family time.

Sounds good

9. #29 / 139
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

...probably likely that my whole family will play together under one of our WarGear user names...

does that mean we'll have multiple players (awesome!), or 1 player played by multiple faces (less awesome, but still neat)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

10. #30 / 139
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

...probably likely that my whole family will play together under one of our WarGear user names...

does that mean we'll have multiple players (awesome!), or 1 player played by multiple faces (less awesome, but still neat)

Could be either depending on the enthusiasm level from the rest of the family.  My guess is that my daughter will not want to play by herself (at least for the first game) so she will team up with either me or Livia, and then depending on how busy we are, the third person might play separately or might join the group-player.

11. #31 / 139
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I would remove Hex from the tournament list. Some times even the smaller version can take 50 rounds.

Edited Fri 22nd Feb 16:45 [history]

12. #32 / 139
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Surely WGWF can be a contender for both T and MP.

13. #33 / 139
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think we should scratch Spy vs Spy? That was something we did last time (albeit it was fun). Capital Crusade (tourney or MP) would probably result in quick play, so I think that's a contender.

14. #34 / 139
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'd rather not play WGWF. That's the one board where you can always have real time games if you want to. 

15. #35 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I agree on scratching Hex, Spy vs Spy and Wargear, thanks for helping to improve our list 

16. #36 / 139
    Standard Member SpyYoshiRv
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I'm interested on joining in, however i'm not so sure if i will have that day available or not. my country has a little issue where most outside things tend to be last-day notice instead of a month pre-emptively.

17. #37 / 139
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Can you add Ancient Isles and Civil War to the potential maps list? Im going to try to make it, work permitting. Not asking for the day off means there's a chance I could get stuck babysitting some Saturday project.

18. #38 / 139
    Colonel ogg ogg is offline now
    Premium Member ogg
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I already use Google Hangouts, so I am good with using that for communication.

19. #39 / 139
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

SpyYoshiRv: Will add you to list, and hope it works for you to be a part of the games!

Abishai: Ancient Isles sounds like a great addition. Civil War, I'm not as sure about, don't you think it's too long for real time games? But if no one else objects to it, I'll add it to the poll, and we can vote on it along with other boards

ogg: Thanks for the plug for Hangouts. Either hangouts or whatsapp will force everyone to share either their email or phone with the rest of the participants (which is fine with me), but I'll look for a third option that won't require losing anonymity, so we can vote on all 3 on the poll starting Friday

20. #40 / 139
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah you're right, civil war will probably be too long.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)