2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 8
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hi Tom, 

I noticed that the top-rated player for Civil War is a disabled account.  Am I able to get the extra 5CP since I'm in 2nd place?

Board link: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Civil+War+1860

~ATH

2. #2 / 8
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I assume it's difficult to simply remove the results of disabled accounts. They figure high in board rankings in several places. I can live with that.

I think it's a real pity to see a disabled top the board rankings, though.

If you can't think of anything better Tom, maybe just remove game 604944? That would be enough to see Attila regain his 1st position.

Edited Mon 12th Feb 04:12 [history]

3. #3 / 8
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I would say definitely not as that's an active player.

Go look at the profile

Board Revival Group - http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/4082p1/Board_Revival_Group
    Edited Mon 12th Feb 08:46 [history]

4. #4 / 8
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Was an active player. Not anymore. This is an extreme case but there are tons of inactive players in the CP territory of boards.

5. #5 / 8
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's odd. That player has a trophy credited to his/her profile. But the tournament looks like it was a perfect tie between 3 teams, and no one should have received the trophy.

6. #6 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:

Was an active player. Not anymore. This is an extreme case but there are tons of inactive players in the CP territory of boards.

They could be taken out of the existing tables and put in a table for banned users only, in the database I mean. Or if taking them out would cause side effects, then simply reset their stats but maintain their old ones in this banned users table if Tom wants to preserve their stats for some reason.

If these people were banned for cheating, they shouldn't be preventing the other players from having more CPs and higher rankings, no?

7. #7 / 8
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

redshift wrote:

They could be taken out of the existing tables and put in a table for banned users only, in the database I mean. Or if taking them out would cause side effects, then simply reset their stats but maintain their old ones in this banned users table if Tom wants to preserve their stats for some reason.

If these people were banned for cheating, they shouldn't be preventing the other players from having more CPs and higher rankings, no?

It isn't so simple, IMO.

You can't reset their stats without affect other players stats.

They may have been banned for cheating, for they obviously would have lost games too. What do you do for those games? Removing those games from the stats would mean that it would hurt people who defeated them. That certainly doesn't make much sense. Then, the only option would be to remove only the games they won from the ranking. Which is probably the best solution, but is far from a "clean" one.

And it becomes even messier for tournaments.

8. #8 / 8
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:
    redshift wrote:

It isn't so simple, IMO.

You can't reset their stats without affect other players stats.

They may have been banned for cheating, for they obviously would have lost games too. What do you do for those games? Removing those games from the stats would mean that it would hurt people who defeated them. That certainly doesn't make much sense. Then, the only option would be to remove only the games they won from the ranking. Which is probably the best solution, but is far from a "clean" one.

And it becomes even messier for tournaments.

I mean to simply set their Global and Board scores to 1000 or 0. No need to mess with the games.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)