1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

All Fischer and Realtime games have been converted to regular clock with a 1 day turn timer to ensure they can be restarted fairly.

Any problems let me know!

2. #2 / 10
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

{#emotions_dlg.thumb}

Open non-tournament games (non-realtime and standard clock) are now displaying a timer. They didn't use to. The upside of this is that now sorting 'My Games' list by Turn Timer puts the open games above terminated ones which is great. Did you chage the code for these games to have a timer while in Open status or is it a temporary side effect from AutoSkip re-enablement?

A few months ago I had opened a thread in the Support Area to change the sorting order of the Status column to give priority to Open games above Terminated ones. This change solves the problem as well, it's even better, actually.

Edited Wed 21st Jun 11:08 [history]

3. #3 / 10
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Now displaying a timer? I've always had a timer for everything. No change on that account as far as I can see, unless my mind plays tricks on me.

4. #4 / 10
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

^ By not displaying a timer, I am assuming redshift is referring to "Time Remaining" column (which you can toggle on) which does not display a timer if the allotted time has exceeded, but the turn is still going on.

5. #5 / 10
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I never had a timer in my Open Non-Tournament games. Actually, I usually have that column on Time Spent, not Time Remaining. I toggled to see Time Remaining and it's equal to turn limit (minus the time already spent). Does this mean the game will be cancelled if it gets down to 0? Or will the game begin with less players?

Edited Wed 21st Jun 16:05 [history]

6. #6 / 10
    Premium Member Pratik
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

^ Ah, yes, now I see what you mean. And the same is true for me also.

Non-tournament open games do have a timer for me too.

I assume this is just because all timers were reset. Don't think anything will happen once the time remaining reaches  0.

7. #7 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Pratik wrote:

I assume this is just because all timers were reset. Don't think anything will happen once the time remaining reaches  0.

I don't think so - this happened a few months ago too and the timers just ran out.

8. #8 / 10
    Standard Member redshift
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Would be cool to have a permanent timer in Open games for the purpose I mentioned though. Do not open games have an internal timer (1 month limit or whatever it is)? It would just be a matter of putting it there.

Edited Thu 22nd Jun 13:34 [history]

9. #9 / 10
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

redshift wrote:

Would be cool to have a permanent timer in Open games for the purpose I mentioned though. Do not open games have an internal timer (1 month limit or whatever it is)? It would just be a matter of putting it there.

Agreed

10. #10 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

This is a mistake - I've removed the turn counter for these games.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)