184 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member agwyvern
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

So, a couple of us (newbies) have been trying various boards (obviously in 2-player mode) and came across Rescue.

I don't 'get' the gameplay -- can anybody summarize it?

What I've seen (and believe that's what it means in the board description) is that if I encounter my opponent on a territory and attack, I'll *always* win, no matter how many units each of us has.

When a player has picked up all his units from underground and gets back to the top of the board, on his next turn he can attack one/all(?) of his opponent's tents and wipe everybody out. Is that correct?

It would probably make more sense if playing with multiple players (maybe?) but before we try to pull any of our other friends into it, want to make sure of how it's supposed to work.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. #2 / 6
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, this game is a race to get all your units out from underground.  You want to rescue your stuck guys.  

You will always win your attacks, no matter how many units there are. 

You just have to make attacks that connect your tent with the guys underground and fortify them out. 

Once everyone is in the tent, the tent will "light up" meaning there will be a unit place in the terrotory, and you can attack the other tents with it.  That will kill other players capitals and eliminate them. 

Be careful on this one, all the player will accomplish the goal roughtly within a turn or two of each other.  There is no time to spare.

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet
    Edited Sun 5th Mar 17:20 [history]

3. #3 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

that's not quite right, ratsy. or if it is, it's confusing. i'll see if i can clear it up. 

your first turn gets you so many units in the central tent. you can attack down thru the tunnels from there. the goal: to free your buried units. period. you continue with the initial allotment of units until all units below-ground have been eliminated. if/when that happens, you get a new set of units in the central tent.

with your underground units, you attack around to the locations of your buried units (that are spread out as part of game start-up).  once occupying a territory enveloping a said buried unit, you switch to fortify and move the buried unit out. this 'unburies' or 'frees' them. it is now part of your collection to free any others.

once you free *all* of your buried units, upon your next turn, your tent above will automatically light up with so many units. when that happens, you attack other player's tents. these are the other player's Capitals. once a Capitals is taken, that player is eliminated.

you do not have to move your freed units to top side. hope that clears things up a bit. 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 6
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Agree with WT's description, as Ratsy's implied you have to bring them topside (you don't).

Also, some other caveats:

1. You can from attack to fortify freely, which means as free roaming units are travelling through tunnels, you can stop on a location, change to fortify to free the miner, then go back to attacking to continue moving the group (now 1 unit larger) of free roaming miners again.
    2. You don't have to move ALL your free roaming armies at once, you can divide your group to conquer more ground, but that also means that you're more susceptible to getting knocked out.
    3. There are a limited number of attacks per round, so beware of where that will leave your free roaming units.  If an opponent finds your free roaming units, they can attack you and wipe your units out (which then reset to 1 unit in your tent at the beginning of your next turn).  Note also that those attacks against you consume attacks from your opponent's attack limit.
    4. When playing a team game, team fortify is allowed, so if your partner parks someone on the same space as your buried unit, on your next turn you can fortify from your buried unit to your partners free roaming unit.

If you're looking for people to play the board with, feel free to invite me and I'll join a private game and answer questions as they come up.  (WT is a great teacher too, as he and I have played many a game as teammates)

5. #5 / 6
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

{#emotions_dlg.spin} Thanks for clearing things up guys. {#emotions_dlg.spin}

I'd Take that invite AGwyvern - These guys are good players. 

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 6
    Premium Member Mad Bomber
    Rank
    5 Star General
    Rank Posn

I suggest watching the history of games. Top tip.....fortify should be used for more than just rescuing your underground bro's.....

i want equal amounts of blueberry's
    I play on any field of battle...not just three boards

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)