Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 11
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi all

The migration went well and logins were re-enabled just now (3:40am EST). Nothing should have been lost in the cutover as I was able to successfully take a complete copy of the site and database.

Other than that, there's still some work to do to performance optimise the site so this will be ongoing over the next few days.

Autoboot / skip is not yet re-enabled - this will be done on Sunday at 11am EST. All turn timers will be reset at the same time and realtime games re-enabled.

happy playing!

Tom

Tom

2. #2 / 11
    Standard Member zdisabled_8a7ed3fe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Just noticed that the default lightning game time did not appear to be enabled yet when I just created a game.  I was able to make a real-time fischer clock game, though.

3. #3 / 11
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Thanks as always!  It was a lonely Thursday. 

4. #4 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

camel wrote:

Just noticed that the default lightning game time did not appear to be enabled yet when I just created a game.  I was able to make a real-time fischer clock game, though.

Yes, I've left this disabled for now whilst autoboot is off.

Probably best to avoid Fischer games as well

5. #5 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've disabled Fischer games for now as well.

6. #6 / 11
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

holy snappy batman!

my games have loaded almost instantly. only seen one 'hang up' on a game ending turn - that took like 5 seconds! lol

look forward to this in a stable form!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 11
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Are email turn notifications re-enabled?  I have not yet gotten any.

8. #8 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

camel wrote:

Yes they are - this has been tested. Could you look in your Spam folder? As the server IP has changed the old mail spam rating associated with the old IP has been lost.

It's really helpful if you can mark emails as 'Not Spam' and / or add Wargear to your contacts list to prevent it happening in future!

9. #9 / 11
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    camel wrote:

Yes they are - this has been tested. Could you look in your Spam folder? As the server IP has changed the old mail spam rating associated with the old IP has been lost.

It's really helpful if you can mark emails as 'Not Spam' and / or add Wargear to your contacts list to prevent it happening in future!

My most humble apologies.  Yes, they were all in the spam folder.  I have added WG to contacts.  Thank you for straightening me out.

10. #10 / 11
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

camel wrote:
    tom wrote:
    camel wrote:

My most humble apologies.  Yes, they were all in the spam folder.  I have added WG to contacts.  Thank you for straightening me out.

No problem :)

11. #11 / 11
    Premium Member Wonder Woman
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

hi all

The migration went well and logins were re-enabled just now (3:40am EST). Nothing should have been lost in the cutover as I was able to successfully take a complete copy of the site and database.

Other than that, there's still some work to do to performance optimise the site so this will be ongoing over the next few days.

Autoboot / skip is not yet re-enabled - this will be done on Sunday at 11am EST. All turn timers will be reset at the same time and realtime games re-enabled.

happy playing!

Tom

Tom

Nice job on the crossover!! Went smoothly. Question: is there away to view and/or invite players that have stated on their home page what games they have as favorites? This way, it gives a quick reference to invite players that love the game/tournament you are creating. If not, this might be something to put into place. Thanks again for all your hard work in keeping all of gaming!!!h

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)