Thoughts?

2. #2 / 15
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Red guys:

Take the landing pads from the blue guy

Use the tunnels and Mt. Suribachi to attack the airstips and beaches with good dice

Try to force the blue guy to have to attack uphill into your units. 

...Be patient?

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

3. #3 / 15
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

>Try to force the blue guy to have to attack uphill into your units.

It helps to bring the attack to the enemy, make them fight for every level of elevation they want to gain.

4. #4 / 15
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I see people playing Japan super aggressively, but I noticed when I tried it I was overextended pretty quickly. . .

5. #5 / 15
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:

I see people playing Japan super aggressively, but I noticed when I tried it I was overextended pretty quickly. . .

If you can get down into the landing zones, and start to take them away - your opponent will use all their attacks clearing you out of there - so you definately need to be down there eventually

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 15
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've been well beat by finding the red guy in my landing zones in the second turn. 

7. #7 / 15
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I find that winning is a bit annoying as the Japanese. Seems there are always 5 or 6 turns of chasing down the Americans after all USA hope is clearly lost. 

8. #8 / 15
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I was thinking of adding something so that you auto win if you own all landing zones and airfields at the beginning of your turn.  What do you think?

9. #9 / 15
    Standard Member AfroDaby
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm not sure. It's pretty easy to lose all of your airfields, but LZ's can take a while to whittle down...I have only played a very small handful of times though, so take that for what it's worth

10. #10 / 15
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Yah, would not work for american win, but american win is typically not drawn out anyhow. Maybe if the Japanese take on whole beach? In the 30 or so games I have played if the Japanese manage to take one whole beach is was game over a few turns back.

11. #11 / 15
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I was thinking of adding something so that you auto win if you own all landing zones and airfields at the beginning of your turn.  What do you think?

Don't like that solution because it would no longer allow one to get an elimination when they won.  Also, the game quickly comes to an end at that point anyways.

12. #12 / 15
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:

Yah, would not work for american win, but american win is typically not drawn out anyhow. Maybe if the Japanese take on whole beach? In the 30 or so games I have played if the Japanese manage to take one whole beach is was game over a few turns back.

Meant "ONE whole beach"

13. #13 / 15
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Any thoughts from the top? Berick, Babba, Cona?

14. #14 / 15
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

So, how many units do you leave on the airfields?  Esp. in the first few turns?

Obviously you have to make space for units so you can place them - but how much space? Leave 16 on each? 18?

15. #15 / 15
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

So, how many units do you leave on the airfields?  Esp. in the first few turns?

Obviously you have to make space for units so you can place them - but how much space? Leave 16 on each? 18?

I usually leave very few on the top airfield - maybe 5 or 6.  That one is hardest for USA to get to and is usually safe from attack for the first couple of rounds. Center airfield, it depends on how well I'm able to protect it from attack, but I often will leave it with about 15 or so.

I should mention that I regularly get trounced by the top players.

Edited Tue 8th Sep 17:43 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)