180 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 6
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thoughts by folks that have attended one or both of the theme parks? Are either or both ripoffs? Is one better than the other? Favorite rides? The Caly parks vs Florida parks? Etc, etc.

2. #2 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've not been to universal, and i doubt i'll ever go to the one in Cali (just cus i don't like Cali)...

However, when I did my research for our family trip, I was pointed to this page (thanks to a friend of mine who used to work down there). I *HIGHLY* recommend the $20 it costs. It personally saved me over $2k!! But between that and another site, I think you could do something good. 

One thing that I really felt after going down there is that you need to limit the scope of your visit. Either hit the mouse, or hit another place or two (say universal & seaworld). But do NOT try to do them all in one trip, it'll not only exhaust you, but will limit the fun you have when you just chill and take things in. 

Couple other details that might help pull the right info for you: are you making a family trip? adults only? if kids, how old? etc...if you don't want to post that info feel free to PM me and we can talk off-line. 

w'top

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #3 / 6
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Thanks weather. Actually, I just finished a recent trip, so, I'm actually more interested in everyone else's experiences to compare against my own. Economy is certainly one of them and I thank you for those links, especially the first one.

4. #4 / 6
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i think we ended up with a good time. we were there for 5 or 6 days. basically spent 1 day at each park, one at a water park and one just chillin. my daughter was in 2nd grade at the time, and found that to be a great age. she could hold up to the long days fairly well, she could participate in just about any ride she wanted, old enough to make memories of it too.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 6
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Well, after recently visiting both, I've definitely come to the conclusion that Disney is really for kids 12 and under or families with kids that age, whereas Universal is really for teens & up. I've heard good things about Animal Kingdom, but haven't been able to get there yet.

6. #6 / 6
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just got back from my latest trip to Universal. A bit dissapointed to see the following changes:
    * Sinbad show no longer there. I always liked this show and it was a good way to relax mid-day and take a load off the feet and digest food prior to resuming the rides.
    * The new Fast & Furious ride, taking over the spot where the Beetlejuice play ran, was underwhelming. All those suped-up cars and the ride is in...a bus?
    * The Dragon Challenge is gone, to be replaced by another ride under construction.
    * Ripsaw Falls, always a favorite water ride, is under maintenance, reopen date unknown (I was there on-and-off for 2 weeks).
    * Generally speaking, I detected a drop in morale of the park staff over previous years.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)