177 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 3
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

So I played a marathon BoB game, which I wish i could've kept playing, but i surrendered due to the fact that i'm about to be out of internet connectivity for a few days.  Here's the game: 

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/437901

I clearly have numerical advantage, and tried taking away opponents ability to get reinforcements, i half-heartedly tried to conquer the mountains, and i picked at the weak spots whenever possible. All of those things would give me some momentum, but after a few turns Babbalouie would skillfully take the initiative, block me from taking his road ends, and knock me back across the river. 

Any suggestions on what I could've done differently in this game?

2. #2 / 3
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I think in your case that if you could take one or two unoccupied space on the west side of the river each turn of the stalemate you could eventually throw 60 units a turn across the river and make them up every turn with factories. Eventually, the British with less territories on the east side (and slowly shrinking as you throw dudes across) must lose the battle of attrition. If we had some designer setting where eventually the conscripts would revolt against the bloodbath it might not work, luckily this feature is not yet available.

3. #3 / 3
    Premium Member Chele Nica
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

The problem I was experiencing is that there is always a max of 10 per infantry and 12 per artillery territory, so it limits how many I can move over across the river on a single turn. My advantage came when I was able to cash in large cards and also deprive the opponent of cards, but it was always a short-lived gain, because Babbalouie was playing better defense than my offense. Thanks Xrayjay for your thoughts! 

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)