3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #41 / 47
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

I suggest a series of 8 matches - 4 duels chosen by each competitor - none of the rounds may be the same as a previous - scoring and victory is decided by the community. 

It's the only way.

Just one question... Does the community add points or deduct points for playing drunk?

2. #42 / 47
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

3. #43 / 47
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

http://www.klingon.org/database/rituals.html

See "Rite of Succession"

"I shall pass this way but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #44 / 47
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Playing drunk results in a natural rather than automatic loss of points.

5. #45 / 47
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Xrayjay wrote:

Playing drunk results in a natural rather than automatic loss of points.

If you win, however.... What a glorious ja'chug!

6. #46 / 47
    Premium Member Footfungus
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

berickf is a very strong player. He deserves his victories. He does tend to play boards that de-emphasize luck, which makes it easier to develop long winning streaks. It would be essentially impossible for someone to win > 70% of the time playing 1v1 on Wargear Warfare, for example, but in Iwo Jima it would be reasonable to win > 90% of the time if you play better than your opponents.

7. #47 / 47
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Footfungus wrote:

berickf is a very strong player. He deserves his victories. He does tend to play boards that de-emphasize luck, which makes it easier to develop long winning streaks. It would be essentially impossible for someone to win > 70% of the time playing 1v1 on Wargear Warfare, for example, but in Iwo Jima it would be reasonable to win > 90% of the time if you play better than your opponents.

Speaking of playing on lucky boards... Here it is! One year premium membership on the line!  A bit of skill and a bit of luck required: http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/1730

I have asked Tom to add a round because I want it to be huge!  After it's there I'll get to inviting.  I think Tom is busy right now though with the site freaking out like this though so it could be a while yet before it gets to filling quickly.

Edited Sun 9th Aug 04:44 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)