179 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 32
    Standard Member Bush78
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Has anybody playing games noticed that there is dice fixing going on? Within the last year I have been programming dice fixing codes and linking them to random games here on Wargear, and it seemed to work well. I have done it with a lot of games I have been playing in the past, but some I have fixed dice rolls with games I am not in to favor a certain player.

I have been using codeacadamy.com for fixing dice and writing codes with the IP address of wargear and sending them to game numbers, (kind of like viruses). Does anybody want to join me in dice fixing? I have said something about it in game chats before, and players have been rude and swearing at me like crazy about it.

Is dice fixing considered cheating?

2. #2 / 32
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sure.  I want some dice fixings.  Please let me know what I need to do to fix some dice.  Thanks!

3. #3 / 32
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Bush78 wrote:

What do you think? Define cheating. If you can do it, and it isn't explicitly written in the rules, is it OK? Does it require hacking into the site?

We would love to hear your opinions on this.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

4. #4 / 32
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'd love to see the games you've fixed...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #5 / 32
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I've got minus a zillion luck in few games lately... maybe it was some of those? 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

6. #6 / 32
    Standard Member Bush78
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Sure.  I want some dice fixings.  Please let me know what I need to do to fix some dice.  Thanks!

You need general knowledge in computer programming to really be able to understand it. I'd look up programming courses on codeacadamy.com for you to learn. But otherwise once you learned the codes and how to program, go to codeacadamy.com and start doing it. You need the IP Address of wargear.net which can easily be found on a program called TERMINAL on a mac (not sure what the alternate program on windows is). You ping the site on TERMINAL and you have the IP Address of the site. Then you also need to make sure you have the game number as well, and decide how you want to fix them.

I have fixed the dice in different ways in different games.

One of them I made myself get all 6's. 

But another way I did it was I played a 3 player game, and I made myself very unlucky and the other players quite lucky at the beginning, but I programmed it so when I only had 1 troop on 1 territory left, it would be impossible to take it, so there was many 42 against 1 losing. Sooner later the dice became on my side and I wiped the whole game out.

There are many ways. 

7. #7 / 32
    Standard Member Bush78
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    Bush78 wrote:

What do you think? Define cheating. If you can do it, and it isn't explicitly written in the rules, is it OK? Does it require hacking into the site?

We would love to hear your opinions on this.

Its not in the rules, and no you don't have to hack the site to do it. You just have to kind of like send a virus to the site that does it. 

8. #8 / 32
    Standard Member Bush78
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

I've got minus a zillion luck in few games lately... maybe it was some of those? 

Very Possible

9. #9 / 32
    Standard Member Bush78
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

Here is one of the games I rigged:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/359075

10. #10 / 32
    Standard Member Bush78
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Also I don't always fix the dice to favor a certain player. I sometimes  program it to just make it impossible to take australia and south america, or impossible for one player to take a certain other player out. There are many ways I rig games.

11. #11 / 32
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Bush78 wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

You need general knowledge in computer programming to really be able to understand it. I'd look up programming courses on codeacadamy.com for you to learn. But otherwise once you learned the codes and how to program, go to codeacadamy.com and start doing it. You need the IP Address of wargear.net which can easily be found on a program called TERMINAL on a mac (not sure what the alternate program on windows is). You ping the site on TERMINAL and you have the IP Address of the site. Then you also need to make sure you have the game number as well, and decide how you want to fix them.

There are many ways. 

You certainly sound knowledgeable.  Lets assume I have some general programming knowledge and the IP address of wargear.net, and the ID of a game  I want to influence.  What's the next step?  I really want to make this one guy named Mad Bomber only roll 1s.  Can I do that?

Do I just send some TCP packets to wargear.net?  Is it an SQL injection attack?  A buffer overflow?

12. #12 / 32
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Bush78 wrote:
    weathertop wrote:

Here is one of the games I rigged:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/359075

Very subtle.  It almost looks like a regular game where you had a slightly advantageous opening position.

13. #13 / 32
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Wow, noone would suspect anybody with 'Bush' in their name to be involved in any fixing of any nature.  Shocking, I say.  Shocking!

14. #14 / 32
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

This thread is great. You guys are great.

Been gone a while. You all did a good job holding down the fort.

15. #15 / 32
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

So is this like for realzies and stuff?

16. #16 / 32
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:

So is this like for realzies and stuff?

I think the motivations of the participants is reasonably clear enough.  You know most of us, and have a sense of our ethical positions.

17. #17 / 32
    Standard Member Bush78
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:
    Bush78 wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

There are many ways. 

You certainly sound knowledgeable.  Lets assume I have some general programming knowledge and the IP address of wargear.net, and the ID of a game  I want to influence.  What's the next step?  I really want to make this one guy named Mad Bomber only roll 1s.  Can I do that?

Do I just send some TCP packets to wargear.net?  Is it an SQL injection attack?  A buffer overflow?

Well the way I fix games is in specific games. To fix it for a certain player to always roll ones is a little more difficult and beyond my knowledge, I am sure there is a way to do it but if you want that the only way I know at the moment is to follow him into every game he plays and fix it game by game. 

Basically you go to codeacadamy.com 

here is an example of what one code looks like:

Ping "64.56.789.889/"

"435788/"

If = "australia is already conquered, make everyone who attacks through australia roll number 6 on the dice"

Else = "make the dice roll number one for any troop that tries to conquer australia"

Edited Sun 8th Feb 14:24 [history]

18. #18 / 32
    Standard Member Bush78
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Thingol wrote:

Wow, noone would suspect anybody with 'Bush' in their name to be involved in any fixing of any nature.  Shocking, I say.  Shocking!

?????

19. #19 / 32
    Standard Member Korrun
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Bush78 wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:
    Bush78 wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

There are many ways. 

Well the way I fix games is in specific games. To fix it for a certain player to always roll ones is a little more difficult and beyond my knowledge, I am sure there is a way to do it but if you want that the only way I know at the moment is to follow him into every game he plays and fix it game by game. 

Basically you go to codeacadamy.com 

here is an example of what one code looks like:

Ping "64.56.789.889/"

"435788/"

If = "australia is already conquered, make everyone who attacks through australia roll number 6 on the dice"

Else = "make the dice roll number one for any troop that tries to conquer australia"

That sounds like a pretty cool compiler to be able to read natural language. Can you give a link to the compiler. I have some projects that could benefit from such easy to read code.

20. #20 / 32
    Standard Member nekon
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

My sarcasm in english is awefull

this is a joke right ^^ ?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)