0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12345   (5 in total)
  1. #41 / 81
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks, I can replicate the card refresh bug.

2. #42 / 81
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ok, the card turn in / refresh bug should be fixed now.

3. #43 / 81
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Right on Tom!   

So to follow the pattern, where you do awesome things and we ask for more, here's a minor one:

Any chance we can have the card amounts displayed all the time? I am frequently clicking the button (and then moving the window) just for that information. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

4. #44 / 81
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

ratsy wrote:

Right on Tom!   

So to follow the pattern, where you do awesome things and we ask for more, here's a minor one:

Any chance we can have the card amounts displayed all the time? I am frequently clicking the button (and then moving the window) just for that information. 

Automatically displaying the amounts for the next 4-5 trade-ins would rock.

5. #45 / 81
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What is gained by dropping flash?

Off Topic!

6. #46 / 81
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

start at the top of page 2 for that discussion.

7. #47 / 81
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

It's not being dropped, it's just the default player will switch. You'll still be able to use Flash if you prefer it and it will still be around a fair while but it's use will be deprecated.

8. #48 / 81
    Premium Member Snake Eyes
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Now that I am actually using and familiarizing myself with the Native player, I think I like it. 

I notice a difference on reinforcing.  On the Flash player, when there are only two territories together (only one destination for the reinforcements) it doesn't ask me which destination.  It automatically assumes that with two together, they should go from one to the other.  With Native player, I still must select a destination.  I prefer the way Flash handles it.

9. #49 / 81
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Seeing a lot of issues with the Native Player on this game: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/3958/Board%20Explorer

1. Neutral territories are unfilled, leaving unit counts impossible to see.

2. Board Explorer open in separate window, so I can't see who owns which territory to explore possible attack patterns/routes (not unique to this game).

3. Opening Luck Chart in the player led to weird behavior - window opened cut off in lower right of screen, when trying to readjust it actually disappeared as I moved my mouse.

4. Unit placement window was also unfilled, so at first I didn't think I could place more than one unit at a time.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

10. #50 / 81
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The biggest issue I have with it - if playing via Ipad or phone, without the ability to hover over buttons, it's pretty tough to navigate to/from history. I suppose one would eventually learn all the icons, but it'll take a while and some have better memories than others.

11. #51 / 81
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ARRGH!  I was playing a game in the Native player and I was able to turn in my cards but didn't because I assumed I couldn't.  With the Flash player, it always reminds me that the cards are tradable - even if I don't want to trade them.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

12. #52 / 81
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

Seeing a lot of issues with the Native Player on this game: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/3958/Board%20Explorer

1. Neutral territories are unfilled, leaving unit counts impossible to see.

2. Board Explorer open in separate window, so I can't see who owns which territory to explore possible attack patterns/routes (not unique to this game).

3. Opening Luck Chart in the player led to weird behavior - window opened cut off in lower right of screen, when trying to readjust it actually disappeared as I moved my mouse.

4. Unit placement window was also unfilled, so at first I didn't think I could place more than one unit at a time.

I'll upload a basic grey custom neutral for that board.  It was a marbled whiteish color at one time, but seems to not be anymore... 

Otherwise, I can't fix those other things. :/

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

13. #53 / 81
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The current card value is already always displayed on the left (RxCy means Round x, Next card trade in worth y).

I've added the next 4 card values to this so it's always visible.

14. #54 / 81
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

(RxCy means Round x, Next card trade in worth y).

Holy S!! Has that been there the whole time?? Yet another feature that I've been blind for years.  It's like the join game page, which I didn't know existed....  {#emotions_dlg.clap}

15. #55 / 81
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm starting to get used to Native player now, but I'm wondering though why the graphics don't seem as good.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

16. #56 / 81
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I agree INAT, the graphics don't seem to be as crisp, maybe a resolution thing....

Another thing I just noticed, I cant find a link to the 'Info' tab that is on the other player, is it available somewhere?

17. #57 / 81
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Do you think native player not does not look as good in dual-layer maps too, or just for single layer maps.

18. #58 / 81
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Do you think native player not does not look as good in dual-layer maps too, or just for single layer maps.

you have to right click the player and open in new tab/window for that to open up...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

19. #59 / 81
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

On my computer, the new player has larger font and the "screen" takes up more area, so I am thinking the resolution may be different.  The borders for WGWF for the new player are not solid like in the other player.  The pixilation causes gaps in the border.

If you can walk me through how to post a picture I can post a side by side comparison. 

20. #60 / 81
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

to post a picture, reply with the "full editor".  Then look for the "Image Upload: Select Files" button below the bottom of the reply box.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345   (5 in total)